Start a New Topic 
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Stripers????
This is my first post, I am a new member of The BISC. I have a question about shad vs shiners. I fished Bluestone Sat and Sun caught 1 White Bass. I used shiners....H20 really stained, alot of logs up to the fork. I have a new center console with a 33 gal bait tank...
Views: 791   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 8:33am
by monsterbuk
lookin for some bass !
I'm in the Roanoke area and fish SML most of the time, I'm coming down to Kerr this Tuesday to do some bass fishing. I could use some help on finding the fish.... are they bedding yet? what techniques are ya'll using to catch them? I'll probably put in at Rudds.......
Views: 483   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 8:06am
by KidRalph
r
rbfish
Dropping the bottom
With the water level moving up and down so much, will the females make their nest on the old shore line or the current shore line. fish hard, live easy
Views: 703   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 25, 2007 1:22am
by shane
t
tim
bass info
im 14 and i fished lake chesdin today in the back of the coves only fished for about 10 cast and caught a 3 pounder on a spinner bait does this mean they are in the backs of the coves or was it just a lucky catch what are yall catching them on and where any help woul...
Views: 498   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 10:12pm
by fishdoc
anything on gaston??
going to gaston this weekend, probably sunday. havent been in two months. what are the bass doing up towards poplar creek and holly grove. any help will be greatly appreciated. i love to throw shakey heads!!
Views: 1413   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 8:30pm
by live2fish
g
Geo
Braging
Hey guys, Many people on this site are requesting information on many different things, i think is awsome that you guys are so helpful. What i would like to hear is a bunch of you guys bragging about the fish they have recently caught reguardless of where and what s...
Views: 1013   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 7:18pm
by raymond
j
joejoe
BASS
Hey i am 15 an i am going to lake kerr in two weeks with my dad in a two day club tournament an last time i went their i tried a variety of lures an didnt have luck can anyone give me some good tips about bass fishing on kerr an tell me some lures i should use! i wou...
Views: 1681   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 4:01pm
by john
bass info
Need some info if anyone can help. Coming from the foothills of N.C. to fish a corporate tourney on Friday April 27. Are they spawned and gone or can I maybe catch my five.Your lake is similar in surface temp to my COE lake here at home (W.Kerr Scott Reservoir, Wilk...
Views: 724   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 2:17pm
by Toby
f
Fred
Boat Covers
I would like to know if anyone had a favorite boat cover. I have had 2 so far with not so good results. I don't trail my boat with the cover on. I just store it outside. The last big storm ripped it shredds Thanks, Fred
Views: 488   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 9:28am
by Linesider
Weldon
Went and fished below the boat ramp at Weldon Fri. Sat. and Sun. Fri. midday bite was nothing and then picked up about 15 and our limit after 4:00. Sat. other group outfishing us 6 to 1 with shad vs. shiners. Went and bought 5 dozen for $8/dozen. Bam! Got several fis...
Views: 571   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 24, 2007 7:52am
by steve
v
vc
silent assasin
Did you use bream?
Views: 373   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 9:00pm
by silent assasin
bass fishing
I am goin to buggs saturday first time this year and i know you guys that live around the lake no what the bass are doing i will be putting in at clarksville if any of you guys could give me any info on where to go and what to throw i will be really appreciative than...
Views: 554   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 8:43pm
by basscrazy23
CAMPER SPOTS
ANYBODY KNOW OF ANY WHERE IN CLARKSVILLE TO SET UP A CAMPER ON A YEARLY BASIS??
Views: 279   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 7:08pm
by HAWG HUNTER
weather website
Check this site out. It will ask you for a state and city location. I don't know this area real well yet so I picked Rocky Mount and Roanoke Rapids. http://www.usairnet.com/cgi-bin/launch/code.cgi chappie
Views: 395   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 6:02pm
by Glenn Christie
k
Keven
lockjaw
If I posted something for you woman to cry or disagree about you girls would be burning this post up.But when you ask for some help ya'll girls get lockjaw.I can come up fiday and spend a couple hrs. and find shad on my own,just tring to save me some time to go fishi...
Views: 701   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 2:25pm
by Skiff 1980
removing rust off trailer wheels
i've had a problem w/ my chrome wheels on my boat trailer getting rust on them- does anyone have a cure for this dilemma- i would like to know how to get the rust off and how to keep it off-any suggestions would be greatly appreciated-thanks
Views: 445   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 12:54pm
by Budman
s
Scott
Suggestions for Sunday, 4/22?
Hi All, Looks like Sunday could be a decent day up there and all the tournaments at Flemingtown appear to be on Saturday. Any suggestions on what to be looking for? I usually troll for stripers, but everyone says they have moved out of the lake to spawn, so tha...
Views: 1289   Replies: 8
Last Post: Apr 23, 2007 12:12pm
by MOUSE
Gaston H2O color
hey folks, it seems that the gaston fishing page does not get frequented much, so i'm asking you fellas for some help! does anyone know what the water color/temps may be at gaston for this weekend? after fishing there the last two years, i'd love to catch more t...
Views: 593   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 11:27pm
by Katmaster Jr.
Neat tip?
May edition of Outdoor Life magazine has a neat little tip for keeping tabs on the school once you find 'em. We all know how crappie never stay in one spot for too long. When you catch one that isn't big enough to keep, tie a ten or fifteen foot piece of fish line...
Views: 1818   Replies: 32
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 11:12pm
by Katmaster Jr.
k
keven
Shad
Where are the shad??? Coming down friday around 16:00 need to know where to catch some.
Views: 245   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 10:50pm
by keven
Kerr dam fishing?
Does anyone know if there is any good striper fishing at the tailrace now. It would seem that they should be trying to go up river now from gaston. Any help would be appreciated.
Views: 427   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 2:32pm
by fishcrazy
k
keven
silent assasin
What did you catch? Going down friday,where was the shad?
Views: 457   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 1:01pm
by 1bigblue
k
keven
catfish
Who won the catfish tour.Was the fish bitting?
Views: 511   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 12:58pm
by Chris Boaze
k
keven
shad
Where's the shad?
Views: 572   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 22, 2007 12:03pm
by silent assasin
bass
im going to lake chesdin thats my home lake but im just tryin to see the latest update on bass fishing so i can have an idea on what the bass are doing
Views: 591   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 9:02pm
by Brandon
bass
i went up to buggs all last week and only caught like 11 bass.Is anybody catching any bass now if yall are how deep what baits and what color.thanks it would help alot
Views: 1068   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 2:02pm
by Brandon
j
JP
lake conditions
Anybody know what the lake conditions are like between clarksville and the rivers, is it muddy? Any help would be appreiciated.
Views: 562   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 11:32am
by river&ridgerunne...
n
ncsu03
Milton
I was going to put in at Milton this weekend, never have. Any advice on any areas to watch out for where it is shallow? Any Advice on which way to head to find some stripes? Thanks
Views: 608   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 9:16am
by danny b.
j
jamjr
catfish regulations
some people(smart in worldly matters)have told me rules for blue catfish are 1 fish 36 inches minimum.whats the real poop?
Views: 858   Replies: 11
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 9:07am
by jfo
how many hours on your outboard?
got my 250xs opitmax checked out today 360hrs in two and a half years.Did not think it had that many hours on it 109 at idle. just wondering how many hours is alot on a motor.
Views: 700   Replies: 13
Last Post: Apr 21, 2007 12:13am
by fishdoc
p
Paul
Camping with son HELP
I am camping this Saturday night somewhere on Kerr lake (NC Side) with 5 year old son. Any suggestions as to where would be best to also be able to catch some catfish from shore??
Views: 495   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 20, 2007 9:25pm
by Paul
d
Dave
Kerr Lake - Fishing for Dummies
Hi guys... I just came accross this site and I think it's awesome. I've learned so much. Well, I'm brand new to the fishing world. I know nothing but dropping a minow in a cove and letting it wander around with a bobber on it's back. (ok, stop laughing at me)...
Views: 1978   Replies: 19
Last Post: Apr 20, 2007 7:41pm
by RETNAVYENCM
minnow this
Where would be a good place (I'm in the town of Clarksville) to set a minnow trap?? I'd like to save some bucks and catch my own. Any good ideas on bait also? Thanks everyone, you guys are great. The Tim Guy
Views: 811   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 20, 2007 8:54am
by Creeker
g
GW
current report
Will someone give me a report on what the bass a doing on buggs? Is the upper or lower part of the lake better with the high stained water? Any help would be great.
Views: 904   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 9:33pm
by ripsomelips
Catfish conditons for Friday and Saturday(4/20/07)
How the Catfish conditons for Friday and Saturday(4/20/07. What is the best place.
Views: 716   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 8:34pm
by silent assasin
j
jfo
Prayers for VT & VT Families
Senseless violence like today leave us all feeling amazed and speechless. Only the good Lord knows why.
Views: 700   Replies: 10
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 4:48pm
by Jerk Bait
j
Julez
Boat Ramps
We're staying in Bluestone this weekend. Is that boat ramp still closed? What's the closest ramp if it is? We're not very familiar with this area. Any other suggestions would help too!
Views: 474   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 12:58pm
by jamjr
Hyco
Myself and fishing buddy went to Hyco Lake Tuesday in the wind to try them,pretty windy to say the least,we fished the windless side of the lake first half of the day picking up some small lmb on flukes and june bug colored worms,we anchored up in a windless spot for...
Views: 341   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 9:31am
by BassCat
s
sylvan
Striper Reg. Question
I am wishing someone could help me. I cannot find anywhere in the VA Fishing regulations it says any kind of regulations on stripers just below the Kerr reservoir in the Roanoke River. Is it the same as Gaston, Kerr, Dan River above Kerr? Cannot seem to find a cle...
Views: 658   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 9:28am
by sylvan
Kerr Lake Level
Planning on driving up this evening from Greenville and fishing tomorrow. With the lake level at around 305.5 or so, will there be any issues launching in the Satterwhite area. Also, if anyone has any bass catching insight you would like to share, I can always use it.
Views: 692   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 19, 2007 9:07am
by Jerry Sakowski
Dock repair
Just drove up from Hillsborough to check on my dock. My neighbor had called and said that the wind was doing quite a number on it. That is saying the least. The walkway has busted halfway out and the shore rope is the only thing keeping the dock from breaking loose...
Views: 613   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 10:16pm
by soup
smallmouth in danville?
just seen the latest catch in pi of the day, 6 smallmouth bass all the way in danville. Do the run with or about the same time as stripers or are the native to the river? Oh yeah ive been seeing some dogwoods start to bloom, its gettin ready to cut loose!!!!!
Views: 1939   Replies: 32
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 4:14pm
by Young Fisherman
Lake Level?
I see, from information posted on the Corps site, that the lake is at nearly 306 and the projected levels indicate that's where it will top out. However, when I look at the inflow/outflow information, I would have guessed the lake will go much higher. Any thoughts?
Views: 535   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 1:31pm
by jamjr
Boat Traffic Tomorrow - 4/18
Thinking about taking the new boat out tomorrow for its maiden voyage. Total newbie at launching/loading. Was wondering if I can expect much ramp traffic tomorrow during the daytime near Clarksville. I don't want to be a ramp hog. I will be going out tonight an...
Views: 954   Replies: 15
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 1:09pm
by Ray
g
GW
LMB report
Has anyone been LMB fishing the past couple of days? What do you predict the bass will doing this weekend? Thanks you for any help!
Views: 568   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 11:20am
by Jim
b
Bo
Falls Lake
My son lives right at Falls Lake. Does anyone have any suggestions for a good place to crappie fish. One of my employees is making me 2 set of rod holders. I plan on going to see my son and make a day of fishing. We would appreciate any help you could give us....
Views: 1481   Replies: 17
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 9:05am
by Ray
Stripers
I am planning on going to Weldon this year. Are the stripers up at Weldon yet? I went last year and had a ball. If they are not there yet when do think they will be there? Thanks in advance,
Views: 752   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 18, 2007 8:11am
by Boat man
the showdown
does anyone have any details on the showdown?what time is warren starting the sign ups?is it still on?
Views: 632   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 17, 2007 9:45pm
by ShadHawg:
j
jln
crappie
Does crappie like fishing worms or just minnows and jigs. Coming down thursday for 9 days of bass fishing and what ever else will bite.
Views: 626   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 17, 2007 8:51pm
by Bo
j
JLN
cell phone use
What kind of cell phone service will work near bugs island
Views: 910   Replies: 14
Last Post: Apr 17, 2007 8:41pm
by T-man
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Free Forum powered by Bravenet