Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BASS

Hey i am 15 an i am going to lake kerr in two weeks with my dad in a two day club tournament an last time i went their i tried a variety of lures an didnt have luck can anyone give me some good tips about bass fishing on kerr an tell me some lures i should use! i would appreciate it alot i would like to skunk my dad ha! well plz give me info ok bye!

Re: BASS

Joe, you and your dad just may be at Kerr at a very good time. There will definitly be fish on beds then. So if you like to bed fish with tubes, Senkos and lizards you should do ok. If you don't bed fish, try flipping those same Senkos at the bushes and brush, as well as a creature bait like a Zoom brush hog. What ever plastic you throw make sure it's some shade of watermelon. Watermelon seed, watermelon red flake. Green pumpkin would be a good second choice. Top waters like a Rico and a Sammy should be good also. I personally use the Bass Pro Shops bait called a slim dog, walks the dog very well has a good paint job and cost allot less, just might need to change fornt treble. A Rogue in chrome with a black back is a good choice as well. Hope this helps some, oh yeah...I have been doing really well with a 100 series Bandit crankbait in Chartreuse fishing right behind guys throwing spinnerbaits, but as the bass begin to spawn that bite may die down some what. Good luck Joe, to you and don't wear your old man out to bad..haha. Let us all know how you do.

Thanks for the info ranger 1 i will deff try them lures! an on them creature baits i caught a few on a smallie beaver( green pumpkin) last time i went but i will tell you how i did when i get back! do you think dropshoting will be good then? thanx again bye!

joejoe, you should check your ip address if you plan on using two different names. Plus you anwered someone else asking the same question. Are you 15 or 50? Either way, good luck with beating your old man at fishing for bass on Kerr, never really hard to do there in the spring. Even a kid can do it.

God Bless

hey red i messed up on my other account hing srry bout that!

any info plz!

?

throw small 5" lizards they wouldn't hit the 6" all day sunday i know i got wore out until i switched to the 5" of the same color use a 3/16 ounce bullet weight....good
luck and stay in the back of coves where theres good looking water