Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
smallmouth in danville?

just seen the latest catch in pi of the day, 6 smallmouth bass all the way in danville. Do the run with or about the same time as stripers or are the native to the river? Oh yeah ive been seeing some dogwoods start to bloom, its gettin ready to cut loose!!!!!

Re: smallmouth in danville?

SSShhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

i want to retract my last post, it was bradford pairs not dogwoods so its probably gonna be a few more weeks or maybee a month so dont go runnin to the river and wastin yer time!!! and the guy with the smallmouths was probably taken last may or june so STAY HOME and save yer money.....

hahahahahaha

there have been some smallmouth in the dan for many yrs., but they seem to be on the increase the last several yrs, which is a very good thing. means the water purity has improved, from what i know bout smallmouth. heard reports of catches all up and down the river, from upstream of madison to buggs itself. them river smallies are souped-up bass!

I see yall like my pics of the smallmouth!!! im 18 and thas how i stay out of trouble.....Been catching smallmouth for many yrs...up there and my personal best is 5lbs

Young Fisherman, good job on the smallmouth! Keep fishing man and leave that TROUBLE alone!

Is there a reason that the lake itself won't support a smallmouth population?

young fisherman, your right thats the best way to stay out of trouble, i always tell people when they ask me why i hunt and fish so much "kids that hunt and fish, dont steal and deal" even though im 27 yrs old. But if i had never had the oppurtunity when i was younger to develope such an obsession with the outdoors, i would have never had a reason to pull myself out the corrupted lifestyle i was living about 6 years ago, hunting and fishing are probably the reason that im still alive and high on life and not other things. keep up the good work and fish hard!!!!!

The Lake does have a decent population but they are found up river...or near current!!! If you find one you WILL FIND ALOT OF THEM!!! Smallmouth prefer the river!

NICE!!!!!! KEEP UP THE FISHING MAN YOU'LL NEVER GO WRONG.

The Staunton is an excellent smallie river. Not sure how the smallie fishing is near the mouth there at Buggs but up river is very good. Float trips are fun,
Walleye and Smallies both.

To all Smallmouth bass fishers, please practice CPR!!
Catch, Photo, and Release!

And thas what im teaching everyone in Danville...and the ones i was caught were CPR!!!

Other deep clear lakes hold good numbers of smallies , wondering why more haven't traveled down stream to the big parts of Buggs?? Keep your hooks sharp and stay on the water. That will only get you in trouble with your wife or girlfriend and most had rather you fish than run around anyway.

I agree 100% on CPR! I am from Danville and have had alot of success in the Dan, especially for smallies. My personnal best was 2-1/2 pounds, but I know there are some bigger ones in there. See yall on the water!

Went on the 2nd from 9am till 12:15pm caught 1 smallie and 3 largemouth, a talopia, and a sucker!!! my personal best for smallies in the dan is 5lbs...caught her last spring!!! this year my biggest is 3 1/2 pounds...working on breaking the record for VA!!!

Guys i caught a 7 pound lmb yesterday and several in the 2-3 pound range and some small smallmouth Had a great day over all...going to post on catch of day when i get a chance!!

Man that's a nice days catch on the river buddy looks like you got their number good job

Small mouth bass all the way up to Union Bridge area,since the hole got into the Brantley Steam Plant Dam near the old hydro station the fish can go above the steam plant now,curly tail jigs and suspending jerkbaits in boils behind rocks are good spots,island below steam plant good spot for LMB in deep holes around trees as well.

Is the dan daniels park a good place to catch smallmouth and what should a man due to catch a few thanks

Russ that is where im fishing..LOL i use a jerkin minnow made my Storm and grubs!!! and thas all it takes

Was wondering on those jerking minnows how they are rigged lead heads or what how big of lead head if so any help is much appreciated do you throw right against the wall of the dam or what thanks and tight lines to all

any help anyone please

U get them in a pack...it say storm on it....Tie it on and cast....it has a weight built inside!

Thanks young fisherman really nice of you to share that info is there a certain color hope you break that record your going for buddy tight lines

Presentation is all that matters bump it off the rocks!! and hold on!! LOL Stripers are up to grab white bucktail wid a green grub and HOLD ON!!!

Went to danville and tired to hook the ole SMB and didn't have any luck about 6 to 7 guys waded across to tip of island a threw against wall maybe that's were I needed to be but never saw them catch any but didn't not stay long after they came couldn't seem to keep bait from washing down real fast any tips

How do you get to daniels park? When you make a left off 58 to go to the hospital which dam is the one just up river? Thanks for any info!

Hey russ when is the next time are u goin up there...cause lately i havent caught anything but wouldnt mind going wid you up there one day...i can in the mornings right now but im bout to have a shift change then i wll be off on M,Tues,and Friday maybe we can get together one day and try it!!

Hey, young fisherman sounds like a great idea I'll need to check my schedule and see what days I have off and maybe we can line something up I'll post again after I know something thanks and tight lines to all

Where are the female stripers..been catching the males but no females.......where are they!!! been averaging about 8 in 2 hours!!! everyday

Man catches 9lb walleye in Dan up near Dan Daniel Park...a real monster....I have caught some nice stripers but only 1 female (15lbs) other than that all males ranging from 5-10lbs can someone give me an update on where the females are?