Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Camping with son HELP

I am camping this Saturday night somewhere on Kerr lake (NC Side) with 5 year old son. Any suggestions as to where would be best to also be able to catch some catfish from shore??

Re: Camping with son HELP

Some of these guys may be more help than I will, but its pretty much hit or miss from any of the campgrounds that ive fished around. My advice would be to target the channel cats, Get a good asortment of baits like baitworms, chicken or beef liver, you might want to try some stink bait, With the stink bait, just get a sponge, cut into small squares and load it up with the stinky stuff. and stick it on the hook. Dont forget the latex gloves. I have a 6 yr old and the biggest thing is to exiting. Honestly The blues are a long shot, but the channels are every where and pretty easy to catch, Good luck!

You also may take a small hook and bobber and catch a few small bream while waiting for bites and use the bream for bait. Good luck

Thanks guys, any idea which campground the best??

I use Rudds creek on Rt. 58.

Paul, We camped at Countyline for years with our 5-8year old. There are multiple spots there where points and brushpiles are available. A popular bankfishing location there is around by the boat ramp where there are some picnic tables as well. Here, there is some brush that generally gets some bream and the locals cast out here into a much deeper slice with long-poles. County line is a quiet as the campgrounds go, it rolls up around an hour after dark and not much moves after that. Site 14 is a great tent site very private but close at same time. Have fund, that's most important....jfo

I know you said camp in NC, But if you camp at North Bend , In section C camp sites 195, 196 , In the cove . There is a drop off just a few feet out from shore . I have caught plenty of cat fish from there,use chicken livers at sunset.... Hope this helps I only camp at North Bend at a lost at other area sites...Good luck Hope you and Your son enjoy....

Thanks for all your help.. I am leaving in the morning.. I will let you know how it goes!!!