Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
current report

Will someone give me a report on what the bass a doing on buggs? Is the upper or lower part of the lake better with the high stained water?

Any help would be great.

Re: current report

Well, I wouldn't say any end is better than the other. To me, the fish adapt to the conditions better than most of us do. Bait and color selection is important anywhere you fish. To me, finding the depth to target can be more difficult. But, with this time of year, it can be easier. I think a more important aspect of your question is the spawn. Are they on the beds down lake? The definitely bed first down lake. Up lake will be "dirtier" than down lake. But, I think they will be prespawn there. Mid lake would probably have both situations. Personally, I intend to try down lake. The water should be stained and post spawn bass should be quite active. However, I also am going to try the Clarksville area. I have confidence in either place. And that's just as important as anything else. What baits and tactics do you have confidence in? Exploit those in the area with the water conditions you have the most confidence in. I was there last week in Nutbush. Stained water and we caught post spawn fish. I lean towards up lake having the heavier fish. Have fun!