Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how many hours on your outboard?

got my 250xs opitmax checked out today 360hrs in two and a half years.Did not think it had that many hours on it 109 at idle. just wondering how many hours is alot on a motor.

Re: how many hours on your outboard?

does a computer chip give the mechanic all that info?

RETNAVYENCM

Its show it all form day one even over heated over revd

I suppose they need all of that for warranty claims and performance history of the engine to aid in diagnosis, stinks of big brother watching over us too close

BB, my Opti200 went in for its first shop visit at around 360hours & I got that printout. I was horrified how much idling I'd done so I really worked over my trolling situation to try to cut that a bit. Mine's a jet so that over-rev column showed up virtually everytime I'd been stuck on a sandbar since new...you gotta love it...jfo

Approx 450 hours on my Honda 75 since 2001. Probably average 50-100 hours or more per year, and that is with a second boat, so I would guess 100 hours a year is a decent average weekend use for a boat doing some trolling.

I won't be worried about hours on it until it gets into the 3-5000 hour range, and by then the motor would be so old it would probably have succumbed to rust or some other non mechanical breakdown unrelated to running. Not sure on the 2-strokes, but even the old Yamaha carbed ones seem to last over 2000 hours.

In other words, you are probably just broken in.

1994 honda 45 hp. 1200 hrs. going strong!

200 opti with 250 hours so far so good. Warrenty runs out this month and i'm a little nervous. I don't have clue what the average hours is for one of these motors.

JOHN

THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH LONGER? RUNS LIKE NEW... THAT WHY I POSTED THIS TO SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAD ON THERES TO GET SOME FEED BACK...THANKS

One other thing I found out is recorded on those computer chips... how many times you start your motor when it is out of the water, as in forgetting to put it down after fishing in the shallows. Yikes!

I have a 2003 Suzuki 115hp 4 stroke with less than 80 hours. It's on a 2004 Lund 1700 Angler, BTW, which is for sale:)

NO posting of items for sale or rentals.

oops..sorry.

Have a Mariner 25 hp purchased new in 1989. Has 4321 hours on the hr meter. (no chip as far as I know). Runs like it did on day one. It's a 2 stoke. Have also run a 1977 115 hp Rude on a 17 ft Ranger since new. No where near the hours because the 25 refuses to use gas, but both run like clock work. TLC keeps outboards ticking just like my Ford F100 which clicked 300,000 miles in March. The only bad motor I ever had blew under warranty and was replaced immediately. I think the chip is a great idea so that the buyer of used equipment can have the chip read and have less chance of being ripped off. Chris

2002 yamaha 4 stroke, over 2000 hrs. troll some days 12-14 hrs...don't miss a lick.