Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Boat Covers

I would like to know if anyone had a favorite boat cover. I have had 2 so far with not so good results. I don't trail my boat with the cover on. I just store it outside. The last big storm ripped it shredds
Thanks, Fred

Re: Boat Covers

There is a place in Chesenee, SC called Boat Covers Direct. I have two 6 & 4 years old never a problem. Their price uaually beats anyone and their guarentee is very good www.boatcoversdirect.com. Smiles, G

arora canvas! I think there's are guaranteed for 6 years

I have 2. Bought a Basspro cover for the TX17 12 years ago and it is still in great shape. Not bad since it fit perfectly and was about 150 bucks. The one I just purchased was the aroura (sp) for the BassCat since it does have a 5 year warranty.

I have a Hurricane cover. I bought at either Bass Pro or Cabelas...I don't rmember which. It has a 5 year warranty. I can tow with the cover on, but haven't done it yet. UV resistant, water proof. Nice strong cover. I want to say cost around $300, but I wanted one that would last, so I didn't mind spending the extra money(plus the wife was very insistant on having a good cover). Hope that helps.

Thanks to all for some great advice. My wife let's me keep the boat in the back yard as long as I have a good cover
Thanks, Fred

Got to where I was buying 2-3 covers a year due to wind, sleet and snow partially melting then re-freezing and the jagged ice edges ripping covers to shreds. I figgered it was cheaper in long run to just put up a carport. Covers are bare minimum $100 apiece! Put up a 21'wide X 32' for $1600. Best money I ever spent! Plus I can park 2 cars beside the 21 ft. boat which is covered stem to stern. I added and extra sheet on the sides all the way around the carport and augered it in the ground vs rebar (highly recommennd the augers!!!!!) With the 50+ winds we been having it still creaks and moans!