Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hyco

Myself and fishing buddy went to Hyco Lake Tuesday in the wind to try them,pretty windy to say the least,we fished the windless side of the lake first half of the day picking up some small lmb on flukes and june bug colored worms,we anchored up in a windless spot for lunch and I put out some of my secret catfish chum and within a half hour we were tearing up the channel cats,we caught about forty in the time we were there,after that back trying the bass with a few here and there,about hour before dark went to my favorite spot when the wind dropped out,for 25 minutes with topwater lure(pop Rs silver and blue black and blue) we caught one LMB and white bass one after the other,biggest lmb 5+ and couple of white bass went three pounds so the day turned out to be a good one !!

Re: Hyco

CapRandy could you give me some good idea as some kind of bait to catch some small catfish to eat that are between 2 to 5 lbs. I don't want the big ones. Thanks for the info if you could. This would be at buggs to where I will be fishing.

Re: Hyco

Chicken Livers. . .is all you need. . .fresher the better. fish closer to the hot water this time of year, and you'll do good. if you need more info, email me, and i'll put you on some holes.
Mike