Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Prayers for VT & VT Families

Senseless violence like today leave us all feeling amazed and speechless. Only the good Lord knows why.

Re: Prayers for VT & VT Families

MAKES ME FEEL ASHAMED TO FUSS ABOUT SMALL EVERYDAY PROBLEMS AND YES BOTH WILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS.

My dock was all but destroyed today by the winds.
It pales in comparison to what happened at VTU today.
May God bless all those involved.

Our Prayers are with all..Mike and Nancy...

Having attended V.T. classes in my career as an educator and being a life-long resident of Southwest Virginia as well as a Hokie fan, I, too, express my sincere prayers for the families of all those involved. V.T. has now suffered a tragic student loss as a fellow university did at "Marshall" in Huntington, West Va. But, knowing the school, students, and the Southwest Virginia community, they will rebound, and in the future the saying "WE ARE VIRGINIA TECH" will have the same meaning as the movie, "WE ARE MARSHALL" did for the Thundering Herd. The media needs to let the University recover and quit seeking someone to blame at this point. The future investigations will disclose blame, but let the students grieve in peace and respect their loss.

Larry you are right. I think if the media leaves them alone they will recoop a lot quicker. But everyone knows the media they will drag this out for a couple of months. May GOD have mercy on the souls that were lost and the one that done it. His family needs prayer as well.

It's awful, that this happened to VT, or anyone. But the treatment by the media is, and will be, almost as bad as the act itself.

Hello my name is Nathan Osborne, I've been making the drive down to Buggs from southwest virginia every chance that I can. I just got back home from Virginia Tech where I am a junior in crop, soil and environmental sciences. I would like to personally think everyone that has been praying for the whole hokie family and all of the unfortunate ones that lost their lives yesterday. Most people up there are still too stunned to quite comprehend what has happened. So again thanks everyone for all of your prayers and continue to remeber all of vt in your prayers. I wish I was down there with you guys now chasing them big ole blues.

Dear lord above with happiness and with your love bless the families of such a tragedy and show them your warmth that everything will be alright Hold them in your arms comfort them because their loved ones are now at home....and in Jesus name I pray AMEN!

AMEN I 2nd that

Youngfisherman

I got to tell you. that is right on the money. Very true and touching. I hope you and I aren't the only ones to believe that we. In reading this board I think we all feel that way. Let us just hope their salvation was in the right place. None of us know when our number will be pulled to see the Pearly Gates and bend on our knees before the gracious God O' Mighty.