Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
minnow this

Where would be a good place (I'm in the town of Clarksville) to set a minnow trap?? I'd like to save
some bucks and catch my own. Any good ideas on bait also? Thanks everyone, you guys are great.

The Tim Guy

Re: minnow this

Sorry to not have an answer for your question, but i was wondering the same thing i am coming down in june and i'd like to trap some minnows also. If anyone knows a good place or area to throw a cast net and land some bait, i'd really appreciate it.

r u talking crappie minnows?we drag seine(?)nets,but you're going to get wet.and maybe a little chilly..and you need someone to work the other end of the net.

not trying be a smart ass but salt water. you'd be beter off buying them.Good luck with this. 1bigblue

The only place I've been able to catch em in a minnow trap was camping at County Line. I live on Grassy Creek and never caught a one in a trap. I agree with the sein net, have one and need to try it. 10 bucks worth of minnows should last most of a week. 10 bucks worth of shad maybe half day. GOOD LUCK and haave a blast fishing Kerr...Mike...