new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cell phone use

What kind of cell phone service will work near bugs island

Re: cell phone use

I have alltel and it works most places from Clarksville up to the rivers.

Don't take your nextel if you have one!!

US Cellular.Service is second to none.

Went through all of this a year ago when I moved up here from Raleigh. Alltel is good from Grassy Creek to Clarksville but very spotty in Nutbush. Us Cellular is good for the lake but does not have good national service, roaming, etc.

I went with Verizon even though I had to go to Raleigh to get signed up. They gave me a local number, and coverage is excellent on 90+% of the lake. Its gotten to the point that I just forward my home phone to the cell for days at a time.

you can forget Cingular!

Strange you have Alltel problems at Nutbush. We live just across from Flemingtown landing and we have Razr phones. No problem. Smiles G

Should of added......can see the tower in Clarksville.....no cingular service! Partner has US Cellular....no problems

i have a cheap tracfone that works everywhere.

US Cellular and Alltel work pretty good all around nutbush/ hibernia. I've had both and no problems.

I've used US Cellular all the way from the Canadian border to Key West Florida. All calls were local as long as I stay east of central TN. Service and price are great.

Alltel is spotty at Henderson point area but Verizon works great in that area. They even have good service for Broadband/National acess for my computer using the Kyocera KPC650 wireless PC card. Service is not cheap but beat having to pay for installation of a satellite. The speed is about the same as satellite and the monthly rate are equivalent.

Does sprint work there?

I agree with hogman, I fished from nutbush to bluestone my nextel just says no service!

sorry hoghunter i didnt mean to call you hogman