This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gaston H2O color

hey folks,
it seems that the gaston fishing page does not get frequented much, so i'm asking you fellas for some help!

does anyone know what the water color/temps may be at gaston for this weekend? after fishing there the last two years, i'd love to catch more than 3 dinks per tournament =.(

any help appreciated!

thoughts and prayer to all hokies ...
will

ps - you can email me too!

Re: Gaston H2O color

Wil - I hope you get the info you want, as I have the same questions. I am going to Gaston a couple times in the next month. Heading donw in the AM to fish for the day. I have not been there since I was about 16 years old (19 years ago)

I was wondering water conditions mostly? The Gaston site is ....well.....not as good as this one.

I have no help for you but I must say you're right about the Gaston website!

The fishlakegaston site is ok for what it is, but it is not designed for quick commentary on fishing conditions or advice. As you can see it is difficult to move around, its is too "busy" with the games and auctions, and is designed to entertain a younger group. You can see that the majority of comments are from abut 6 paticipates and a lot of that is just "Good luck", "hi" , and "I agree" stuff. This is primarily because they rate you based on how many comments you make, and give you a constant message that you have not met you quota of "HI's" etc. And some of them resent you offering suggestions almost as much as "Buggsman".

But, Gaston lake is a great place to fish, and in general much larger bass are caught on Gaston. I.N.

i fished gaston today,water is clear,temps have dropped some,it was 55 degrees on main lake,looked for bedding bass but did not find any,caught a few fish ,couple of 3lbers,but mostly 14 inchers---Bumperjack

thanks, guys! i'll be sure to send the fish the spring issues of bassmasters so they know what they should be doing!

tight lines,
will

Ok, there's no reason to bash the gaston site, nobody bashes this one on there. I post on both. And the Gaston site is great, you have to remember it has not been around as long as this one, so probably has not had near the amount of people visit it yet.

The arcade is just something to keep people hanging out on the site more I believe which is a good thing. I'm not sure it attracts a younger crowd, I'm only 16 and have not played hardly any games at all on there. You do get ranked on your post, but I seriously doubt anyone post more just to move up another level as it doesn't do anything but add an extra little star beside your name, most likely just built into the software.

Oh, and unlike this site it actually has someone that controls it, and eliminates trouble makers.

And to finish off, you might need to check around more on there before saying most of the post are saying "Hi" or "I agree". For one thing you can go into the catfish report section and see probably at least a hundred very detailed reports I posted as well as some from NightTrain (a lake gaston guide) and a few others...and again the site has only been around for what...a year and a half? There has also been a lot of Bass fishing talk and reports lately.

I'm not trying to cause trouble I just don't like to see anyone putting the gaston site down like that. The man that runs it is a fine person who cares enough to spend a lot of his money and time running and promoting the site. You all should appreciate the fact he made the site, and instead of complaining about there's not enough people visiting the site, how about going out and telling people about it? You are actually causing damage to the site by posting on here negative about it, people are going to read your post and probably not visit the site now.

Please don't take it personal or anything, and again, I'm not trying to get some huge arguement started or anything...just please keep in mind what I said and tight lines to you!

Zakk