Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Striper Reg. Question

I am wishing someone could help me. I cannot find anywhere in the VA Fishing regulations it says any kind of regulations on stripers just below the Kerr reservoir in the Roanoke River. Is it the same as Gaston, Kerr, Dan River above Kerr? Cannot seem to find a clear answer. Can someone help?

Re: Striper Reg. Question

SYLVAN,
BELOW THE KERR LAKE DAM IS CONSIDERED LAKE GASTON. IN GASTON, THE STRIPER HAS TO AT LEAST BE 20" AND NO MORE THAN 4 FISH PER DAY THROUGH OUT THE YEAR. GASTON DOES NOT HAVE A SPLIT SEASON LIKE KERR. HOPE THIS HELPS. SETTER

Re: Re: Striper Reg. Question

In the roanoke river it is two fish. The fish must be at least 18 inches long. The slot limit is 22 to 27 inches. Any fish in the slot cannot be kept. You are allowed to keep one fish greater than 27 inches per day. These are regulations for the Roanoke River below the Roanoke Rapids dam. This year it is also illegal to fish for or with herring. Be sure if you come down to heed these regulations. The game wardens do not cut ANY slack. Measurement is from tip of nose to end of compressed tail. I personally allow at least a quarter of an inch to be on the safe side. I hope this helps.

Bo

Re: Striper Reg. Question

Thanks for the answer. I want to follow the rules.
I know the laws are tricky in other places but just wanted to make sure this area in VA didn't have special regs.