Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anything on gaston??

going to gaston this weekend, probably sunday. havent been in two months. what are the bass doing up towards poplar creek and holly grove. any help will be greatly appreciated. i love to throw shakey heads!!

Re: anything on gaston??

just wanted to send a big thanks for all the replies. seems that just about everyone on this site only helps those they are familar with..if anyone has any helpful info it will still be appreciated. im sure someone will reply to this since this site mostly talks alot of bull...ive posted several times on here with no replies, just for some basic info..this will be my last post. the only thing useful here is the lake level haha..

sincerely
live2fish

I can't tell you much, but I was there during the early morning snow blizzard last last week. It was absolutely miserable then - the fishing was very slow too. I plan on going to Gaston again in a couple weeks. However, I won't expect another snow blizzard - the fish should be heavy on the beds then. So far this year the weather has slowed the bedding process considerably. Some of us just can't help you because we don't know much.

there is a site for gaston. if you do a search it should be easy to find.

My advice to you is go to Buggs.Gaston does'nt hold a candle to the bass rich Buggs.

Re: Re: anything on gaston??

I took a client yesterday. We caught between 25 and 30 stripers. They were small though. We caught a few bass, not many. I think the weather had a lot to do with that. I fished pea hill creek on the main points. A lot of the bass have moved into the pockets within the creek and set up house.

Bo

thanks guys, obviously i didnt go today!! i will go this coming friday since my tourn is sunday.

I will be at buggs may 3-4-5&6th for the federation chapter team tourn.last year on the same weekend we caught them around clarksville right up on the rocks. you had to throw your spinnerbait up on the rocks and start winding.also caught a few nice ones in eastland on the rig. hopefully it will be about the same in a couple weeks. i will be prefishing alot around there on may 3rd and 4th..

last year i placed 4th out of 199 as a non boater but this year im going as a boater for the first time..it will be harder this time..

www.fishlakegaston.com

Good luck in your tournament. fishing should be good and it sounds like you will make a lot of friends too. I.N.

thanks for the website katmaster..

No problem, good luck fishing!

What tournament are you fishing on Sunday at Gaston? I know there is an open tournament listed on the tournaments page.Is that the one?

mark

it is a region 6 federation tourn out of americamps this sunday. will probably be around 50 or more boats..im going tomorrow and prefish, hopefully find a good bite. i will be putting in at holly grove marina..ill be in an older blue and silver astro..

Well...how did you do? Water temp? spawning? water color?

I was in a tournament on Sunday and big fish was 4 and some change...we had 5 for almost 7 pounds......tough day but had a lot of small fish and could not get good hook sets...they were hitting everything short.

hey guys, i finished first in my club and 17th out of 98 other guys. now im 12th in points for the region. i had 5 that went 8 1/2 pounds, culld two smaller fish. consistintly caught fish all day. stayed in the back of holly grove all day skipping shakey heads to the very backs of the docks. did especially well with docks that had stumps or rocks. water color was stained and temp was 65 to 68..my non boater was using florocarbon and broke off 3 fish around the docks, one around 3lbs...you can check out the results at vabass.com click on federation and go to region 6...