Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
bass info

Need some info if anyone can help. Coming from the foothills of N.C. to fish a corporate tourney on Friday April 27. Are they spawned and gone or can I maybe catch my five.Your lake is similar in surface temp to my COE lake here at home (W.Kerr Scott Reservoir, Wilkes County) we got some bedding and some (don't where the heck they are).Weather messed us up BAD!!

Re: bass info

Sounds like the lakes are similar. There were a lot of bass in the shallows before the cold front and than they dissapeared (or were at the edges and caught with a spinnerbait, etc). Started seeing some bass Saturday evening with quite a few visible on Sunday. I believe they will be in the process of spawning all of this week through the full moon.

I fished a tourney Sunday and we caught alot of buck bass in the bushes in shallow water. I think the spawn is very soon if the weather stays warm. We couldn't get that kicker fish to help us in the tourney. I am sure the females will be there soon. Hope this helps.

Likewise - caught a ton of bass Sunday with a buzz bait, mostly smaller fish in the edges of the trees and bushes. No hogs though...

Toby