Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Milton

I was going to put in at Milton this weekend, never have. Any advice on any areas to watch out for where it is shallow? Any Advice on which way to head to find some stripes? Thanks

Re: Milton

wish i knew, i wanted to try putting in there, but not sure where the bad spots are.
Mike

If you go up river you will run into the old indian dam you can cross it if you stay way to the left against the bank,going down river just be careful and and watch your depth.its not too bad either way with the water we got now.Don,t be a fool and run at top speed unles you got rubber props.

Might try it sunday afternoon if water is ok. Don't know about color or trash but level should be fine. Have heard reports that they have been catching some all the way up to danville. Been told that neals bottom has been good at times depending on the weather, like everywhere else this year. Never checked with gps, but i would guess thats about 6 to 8 miles up from milton.

danny b, thanks for the advice. How far up is the indian dam and is it visible? I have a 14' fiberglass with a 40hp, its got tilt, so should I play it safe and keep the engine up as high as I can? I'll definately keep it slow. I'd much rather take my time and learn the river than worry about catching a bunch of fish and end up looking for someone to tow me. If I make it I'll let you know how I did.

the dam is a few hundred yards up river and yes you can see it.You should be ok with your motor and yes keep it up high