Start a New Topic 
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
best spot to camp
I fish Kerr from time to time but always on a one day basis. I'm planning on going down for a few days for my birthday in the next few weeks and wondering where is the best place to pitch a tent.....or are there any good deals on cabins or hotels that I should check...
Views: 372   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 3:35pm
by Katnip
fishing guide.
anyone know anything about the guys doing the fishing guide for cats? i think his name is glenn and shawn.the price sounds kinda reasonable i guess?
Views: 531   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 1:45pm
by REDNECK
shad report
Went out tonite and threw a bunch of places just to see what would happen. Threw the pylons near the Clarksville side of the new bridge up against the pylons. Shad were scattered with every other netload paying off 4 or so 6-10 inchers. Very few if any over 10 inc...
Views: 339   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 4:49am
by justlearning
Anyone what to fish Thur.?
Barret and I will be going to Kerr this Thur.; we'll be fsihing our club two day Fri. & Sat.. Anyone want to fish fsih with us on Thur.? We'll be at Hibrina State park Thur. morning around 9:30 am. Thanks and God bless all. B&J
Views: 273   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 14, 2005 12:06am
by jelbass
j
JRS
LAKE AND FISHING
WE WENT BOTH TUES AND SATURDAY CRAPPIE FISHED THERE IN THE CLARKSVILLE AREA AND DID WELL CAUGHT A LOT OF CRAPPIE A LOT OF NICE SIZE ONES IN THE 11-14 INCH RANGE BUT OUR SHARE OF THROWBACKS ALSO. SEEMS LIKE SMALL MINNOWS ABOUT 12-15 FT DEEP RIGHT ON THE STRUCTURE. THE...
Views: 510   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 10:28pm
by dale
j
JRS
I NEED A PROP
MINE BROKE/CRACKED SO I NEED ANOTHER. IT IT A JOHNSON/EVINRUDE 1999 70 HP OUTBOARD. IT TAKES THE 13 SPLINE LARGE HUB THRU THE HUB EXH. MOST ALL LATE MOTORS 3 CYL AND SOME 4 CYL WILL FIT. I NEED A 14 BY 13 PITCH OR A 13 3/4 BY 15 PITCH OR A 13 1/2 BY 15 PITCH . IF Y...
Views: 348   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 10:20pm
by dale
STRIPERS
Anyone catching any stripers , either trolling or at night on topwater ? Has the # of dead ones from the spawning stress been " that " much greater than in past years ?
Views: 488   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 10:12pm
by dale
Blue's Update
I was wondering how the blues are doing around BlueStone and Buffalo drifting the last few days with the warmer/hot weather? We had a little luck up the Staunton this weekend, picked up (2)14#'s (1) 12#, and a 20# using 8-10" whole shad. Lost quite a few more tha...
Views: 490   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 9:47pm
by Monsterbuck
This crowd sure semms to love an arguement!
Katmaster Jr., been off the site for a while, luck was on my side and I got to get into some real good fishing on Gaston. Found the big gizzards you talked about several weeks ago at Lizzard Creek, but I have found the last hour before light will result in some perfe...
Views: 515   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 6:44pm
by KATMASTER JR
r
Randel
Randel's Special Theory of Mr Buggsman
B=MW2 (that is squared, not times two)
Views: 369   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 6:38pm
by KATMASTER JR
c
Carl
Occoneechee????
Was just wondering if Occoneechee's ramp are open 24hrs?? If not when do they open. Also if I drift for blues how are you rigging your down lines? I plan on using a few slip corks but also wanted to try some lines straight down.
Views: 473   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 6:24pm
by Katnp
flatheads
I feed my fish in my pond floating fish pellets and my blue catfish comes to the top to eat. I never see any flatheads though. Does anyone know if the flatheads will ever come to the top to feed? I have about thirty blues between three and fifteen pd.s that will come...
Views: 294   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 8:54am
by joe from oxford
Bass Fishing Tournament
Shelor Motor Mile is having a open tournament on Kerr June 12th,going out of occoneechee.Hours are 6:00am-3pm. $2000.00 guaranteed to winner.8 fish limit 14+ inches in length. Entry fee $120.00 per team payable day of tournament. Please contact Wayne Burchett@540-320...
Views: 548   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 6:19am
by BUGS7232
Transporting Baitfish
I read in the back issues of this message board that you can,t transport baitfish if caught with a hook and line to another body of water to fish with.Read the regs. or e-mail NCWildlife.org. and ask them. I have already and the answer is ,yes you can as long a you c...
Views: 276   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2005 6:10am
by Tim
any information
I have a very important three day tournament at kerr this upcoming weekend. i was wondering how i need to fish. what do i need to fish with and what colors do i need to use. i will be at the state park and i would like to know where i could find some fish to catch an...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2005 8:55pm
by 5bigns
t
Tim
camping
how much would it cost me to pitch a tent @ Ivy Hill anywhere there to charge boat batt?
Views: 216   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 12, 2005 8:46pm
by dave
BIG CATZ
Are they still staging at the mouth of the rivers or have they started up... if so have anyone caught any up around the Dan Daniel park or milton area. Friend of mine went Friday and caught to flatheads about 30lbs a piece.
Views: 485   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 12, 2005 8:29pm
by Caprandy
j
Jim
Need help! I took my daughter fishing at Kerr and little luck.
I put in at Clarksville and fished at the bridge last week. It was our first time fishing at Kerr. We fished with live Shad. We had 5 rods go down and our lines go out over 5 hours but for some reason none were hooked??? Can anyone explain that? Were they Catfish...
Views: 455   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 9:00pm
by jake
Repairing Castnets: Question
Went camping last week and repaired nine (9) castnets torn up thru the winter. Some were easy repairs (just restitching), one was an automatic discard (basically the entire leadline was ripped off), and two required stitched in patches cut from a different net. I h...
Views: 345   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 6:41pm
by joe from oxford
b
bigjon
Blues
Hello, I'm new to the board and fairly new to buggs. I'm just learning the blues and my 15 year old son is getting impatient with me. Can anybody help. I can find the shad and a few small fish but haven't been able to find the big-uns. Ya'll look for me, I'm in a ol...
Views: 547   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 1:22pm
by jake
Outer Banks sound fishing
Going to Avon on Mon., taking my 17' Tracker, anybody got any tips to catch flounder or drum. Don't want to get to far out with a small boat, any suggestions.
Views: 419   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 11, 2005 10:17am
by jeremy
MUDDY WATER
HOW FAR DOWN IS THE MUDDY WATER? CLARKSVILLE? COMING DOWN SAT. WONDERING WHERE TO PUT IN. THANX,
Views: 308   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 11:09pm
by Clicker
d
dave
FISHDOC
HERE IS R L JONAS # 434-374-5719.GIVE HIM A CALL AND TELL I SENT YOU AND NO I GET NO PRUKS.
Views: 181   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 9:48pm
by FISHDOC
Blues and Stripers
Anyone having any luck out there with the blues? I have fished the last few times around the bridges and have really had no luck. Anyone having any luck around Junkmans Curve, mouth of Bluestone, or around Goat Island maybe? WORMER
Views: 599   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 5:02pm
by Carl
d
dave
katmaster jr
they are catching some nice cats on the cat walk today,so you may want to give it a try.
Views: 555   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 10, 2005 10:17am
by KATMASTER JR
Hey Joe from O!
I know you're a die-hard CPR fisherman.....Ref. that photo on the "Catch of the Day", were you giving that huge shad mouth to mouth so you could release him???
Views: 518   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 11:35pm
by NightTrain
catfish help?
O.k., I've been asking around and haven't heard of much being caught out of the lake, just mainly in the rivers. If anyone's got any info that they're willing to share, shoot me a email, or post back. I'm still planning on going Fri afternoon, I'm going to put in a...
Views: 825   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 9:03pm
by jcarter
d
dave
? spawn
we went this morring and my son caught his first walley.it was full of eggs i thought that they spawned in jan and feb?
Views: 377   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 8:50pm
by FISHDOC
l
LarryW
Saturday night Cats
Going to try my luck on some cats (mainly after eating size) on Saturday night. Any tips . I will probably be putting in around Island Creek or Henderson Point. Baits? best to carolina rig with circle hooks? and areas tha tend to hold nighttime cats?
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 3:31pm
by Katnip
k
keith
fish finder
hey guys, im looking for a fish finder, my supra XL finally quit on me. nothing fancy just somthing that to show the bottom. but it must be in good working order, im also in the market for a flasher. thanks alot keith
Views: 251   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 12:58pm
by keith
c
cp
Catch any fish
bw- Yall do any good when you went down the lake? We caught a few small ones 2-5lbs, and 1 that weighed 22.1. Pretty slow though!!!!!!!!! Maybe it'll be better tonight- Seeya out there. cp
Views: 246   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 11:06am
by Big Wormer
Night Fishing
How is the night fishing on Kerr in August?
Views: 581   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 10:36am
by joe from oxford
Question for J.F.O
I read in a earlier post that you wrote about how much rock salt do you put in a 30 gallon bait tank? Whats a safe number of shad to put in there at one time? I think you said 3 dozen but I can't remember. Thanks
Views: 463   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 10:25am
by joe from oxford
North Bend
Where is north bend campgrounds. I have some friends that are going to be there in a few weeks. I stay in BLuestone near jones beach. My lake map is there now which does me no good. Thanks.... Tight Lines
Views: 322   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 9, 2005 6:08am
by DaddyOH
STRIPERS
Are you guys still seeing dead stripers the past week ...... and do you think the vast majority of them have made it back down in the main lake from the spawning run ?
Views: 671   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 10:21pm
by dale
s
steve
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 6:44pm
by steve
HUGE SHAD
I have never caught as many huge shad as I did this weekend. There were so many shad that I did not even use the livewell, just threw the net when I needed more shad. They were literally stacked in beside the bridge pilings at the railroad bridge, the Cville bridge...
Views: 655   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 2:45pm
by LarryW
d
dave
i meet the master
i meet katmaster jr today and he is an awsome kid,he uses a cobia custom rod and a 9000 abu-gar.he can cast it half way across the dam.in all do you have my respect.nice meeting you.
Views: 423   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 12:01pm
by KATMASTER JR
l
law201
Catfish Tournament
For anyone interested, there is going to be a Catfish Tournament Friday June 10 2005, 7 pm to 12:30 am,meeting at Staunton River State Park picnic area. Entry fee is $40 per boat, 100% payback, 1st Place is 50%, 2nd Place is 35% and 3rd Place is 15%,$10 of the $40...
Views: 403   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 6:47am
by jake
t
Tom
Flounder
No not in Kerr, but Virginia Beach. Just thought I'd share a little info as I have taken my share of crappie from your neck of the woods. Big flounder in the inlets- small boats and jigs. Nothing more needed. Just like crappie fishing- chartreuse jig and let it s...
Views: 320   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 5:21am
by justlearning
catfish report 6/3/05
We drifted around bluestone, and buffalo, with no takers. We then went up to the split, and caught 7 between 6 - 9 lbs, Had plenty of big shad, all caught in bout 2 ft water in back of coves near split. we then fished up the river until sunrise, and only got 1 bite,...
Views: 411   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 5:20am
by Clicker
Nutbush Ramp
Has the dock at Nutbush Park boat ramp been complete?
Views: 657   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 8, 2005 12:11am
by ctryboyhf
help
Fishing Kerr this coming weekend.Only have two questions about bass fishing here,where at and what on?serious inquiries only!
Views: 414   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 11:03pm
by Notsoimportant
t
Tyedog
Crappie help
I have fished for crappie primarily on Jordan and Falls lake. I would like to try Kerr. This will be my first time on the lake. I was going to try the Satterwhite and nutbush areas. I am not asking for GPS coordinates just a general steering to an area. Are these...
Views: 682   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 9:39pm
by FISHDOC
helpful information
I have a club championship tournament at bugs islands next weekend. We are putting in at the state park. i was wondering how i need to fish and what lures do i need to have. what areas of the lake do i need to target. i have never been to this lake before and any hel...
Views: 528   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 8:01pm
by FISHDOC
r
rcm
cats/stripers
We are coming to Kerr the week of 6-20. This is the 3rd year for us. What pound test should I use to try to catch an occasional 20+ cat? Also, what pound do the striper fishermen use? Being from Ohio, we mostly fish for steelhead, smallmouth and walleye. What kind of...
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 3:13pm
by LittleBoyBlue
Everstart Tournament
Looks like the bass are biting well for the folks fishing the Everstart Tournament.Several local fisherman are doing well in this large tournament.Wesley Harris is in 6th place after the first day,Rodney Sorrell is in 8th,Joel Richardson is in 11th, and Gerald Beck i...
Views: 690   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 12:15pm
by Notsoimportant
q
QBDAD
Big Cat/ Dead Stipers
Mixed results this past week on the lake...son caught a 27LB blue on cut shad in about 18' around 7pm, several smaller eatin sized. Got a few Bass on points with crank, but what we really wanted was to find the big shad and fish the drift around Grassy for the stripe...
Views: 414   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 7, 2005 6:07am
by Tim
Blue drifting
Blues seem to be boat shy and sensitive to line tension with the clicker. I've had a little luck but I'm always looking for ways to improve. Friday I picked up a 27# and 5# blue around Buffalo. Saturday fished up the river and picked up a 14# blue. Sunday...
Views: 1108   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 6, 2005 9:59pm
by jcarter
t
Tim
drifting
I've heard there catching striper around the mouth of Grassy I've been from the bridges to goat island without any luck I usally drift with 4 rods loaded up with a 3 ounce weight and about 2-3 ft leader fishing from 18 to 30 ft deep in about 40+ ft of water.am I doin...
Views: 425   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 6, 2005 2:43pm
by bohunksker
70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79
Free Forum powered by Bravenet