Return to Website

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Need help! I took my daughter fishing at Kerr and little luck.

I put in at Clarksville and fished at the bridge last week. It was our first time fishing at Kerr. We fished with live Shad. We had 5 rods go down and our lines go out over 5 hours but for some reason none were hooked??? Can anyone explain that? Were they Catfish or Stripers? Was it my gear? Hooks, or Drag?? Real confused. Is the bridge the best place to fish for stipers and catfish right now? If not where should I go when I put in there. We pratice catch and release fishing. I would love to have my daughter catch a Big Cat! Thanks!

Re: Need help! I took my daughter fishing at Kerr and little luck.

jim my girl is 11 she luvs to fish.for now.had good luck around marker 23 fishing.useing circle hooks and cork one once sinker 6 to 12 feet deep. use a good leader. shad bluegill goldfish what ever i like shad and they are easy to get now alive is better i think but dead will work to.lock your reels dont use bait runner seems to hook more fish this way.drifting day time.

Jake - One more question

What do you mean by using a cork?
Thanks

Jim, use downlines with chunks of shad, bream or use them alive. Keep the bait off the bottom and drift. Slip corks at various depths work well. I personally despise circle hooks and prefer kahl hooks 5/0 and 7/0, Above the bridges is full of 5-20lb blues and can be caught during the day. Bring your camera and let your daughter have some fun.

just a big old cork man kids luv to watch them corks take off.and i do to but there is lots of ways to do it what ever floats your boat