Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HUGE SHAD

I have never caught as many huge shad as I did this weekend. There were so many shad that I did not even use the livewell, just threw the net when I needed more shad. They were literally stacked in beside the bridge pilings at the railroad bridge, the Cville bridge, and the new bridge. Although I had huge, lively shad, caught one 16 lb. blue and that was it, pretty disappointing. Thought we would pick up a striper or two.

WORMER

Re: HUGE SHAD

Geez..........I threw the danged net allweekend...around docks, riprap, deep, shallow..wasnt near the bridges but thought Id find SOME!! Guess the bridges are gonna have to be my first stop next time. Few I did get we cut and caught big ole 27+ blue and had one hit that took a ton of line off before it snapped. Big shad are THE bait!

Big Wormer......just wondering if you had been out this week.....would you happen to known if the shad are still beside the bridge pilings.....Thanks

I have not been out since Sunday, but on Sunday they were still there. Am someone else mentioned, get the net right up as close to the bridge as you can. Good luck to you.

WORMER

hey bw-

They're still there- Let's get together and go this afternoon and tonight and catch a HOG!

cp

Lets go. I am ready man. Jaye and I are planning on going after work. Let me know if you want to get up on the lake. I am going to be out there.

What time are yall going? I'll be home by 4:00. It should be a good night!!! I caught a 26.6 and Brian caught a 33 this week, it should be getting better as long as it stays warm.

I will be out on the water catching shad at 5:30 pm today. Call me or just keep an eye out for me or call my cell 738-8702.

WORMER

I'll see ya at the RR trussell around 5:30. Yall planning on going up or down- I know where a few fish are if ya want to follow me! or least they were there and biting very well last night
cp

You the man, I guess I will follow, watch, and learn. See you at the RR at 5:30 hoss.

WORMER

When you are up there this evening, look at the bridges and let me know where the water is compared to the cross pieces, thanks.

Sunday the new bridge had water s" from top of cross members. Old bridge was 12 " under water