Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Blues and Stripers

Anyone having any luck out there with the blues? I have fished the last few times around the bridges and have really had no luck. Anyone having any luck around Junkmans Curve, mouth of Bluestone, or around Goat Island maybe?

WORMER

Re: Blues

Go UP UP UP river! If most Blues are not spawning this week, I believe they will within the next with the hot weather we are having. Once the water temp hits b/w 73-78 the spawn is ON! If you happen to Hang, say a 50 lber or so, I hope the fish is released after CPR. Any Blue over 50 lbs in Kerr is a VERY SPECIAL fish. Tight lines!

Re: Blues and Stripers

Had pretty good luck catching stripers the past few days around the north end of goat island.

We caught alot of nice blues fishing live bait 30 to 35 feet deep around the power line area last week end. They were all in there. release 1 that was over 30lbs, and caught several that were in the 8 to 15lb range...

Shaky Jake,
When you say the "power line area" do you mean in Grassy Creek?

No, We were fishing between Eagle Pt. and Butchers, in the main lake channel edges.

Have a good one,

Shaky

Little goose what were you catching your stripers on?? Or if anyone knows the bait of choice right now. Thinking about coming up in the morning.