Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
catfish report 6/3/05

We drifted around bluestone, and buffalo, with no takers. We then went up to the split, and caught 7 between 6 - 9 lbs, Had plenty of big shad, all caught in bout 2 ft water in back of coves near split. we then fished up the river until sunrise, and only got 1 bite, pretty slow trip, but it beat being at work.
Also, does anyone use goldfish for blues? A friend of mine got 3 @ Bobcats, and caught the first 3 cats on them, all blues, I didn't think goldfish worked that well but he swears by them now. All the others we caught were on 7-10" Live shad, no bites on cutbait.
Hope to Hang a Hawg Soon
Mike

Re: catfish report 6/3/05

Golds are good, I've caught quite a few blues on goldfish. Flats like um too. Its hard to kill a gold fish they just keep swimming.

We caught a 12-1/2 lb. blue saturday evening while we were trolling. We saw a lot of fish on the Hummingbird but that's the only one we caught.

We normally use gold fish for flatheads,but i've caught quite a few blues 15# and up on gold fish in the staunton river,also had good luck with red eyes,but to me the flatheads prefer creek chubs 6 to 10 inches long. I've caught my share of citations on gold fish but have hung my biggest fish with creek chubs. Don't have a boat but would love to fish a cat tourny. at buggs with some one . will help with gas/entry fee.

I've been wanting to do a tournament on buggs also. But I have only fished it a couple times. No one I know fishes there. And..... I have a boat.

Hey Carl,That sounds good, Ilive appox. 1 and 1/2 hours from buggs in Hurt,VA.Do you live in VA or NC? I really am not familar with buggs area other than occoneccee area, just know a few places to fish also e-mail me @ weeksof4@aol.com sometimes thanks