Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Night Fishing

How is the night fishing on Kerr in August?

Re: Night Fishing

August is good for me but for some reason the striper people on here don't give alot of info.. seems like it took alot of time and money for them to reveal there secrets.just my thoughts

I should have said: How is the bass fishing at night in August.

Hi Marv...here's a few facts from a hardcore catman that never fishes for bass and has said a bad word or two when those big green guys come back in the cast-nets (all released). I fish almost entirely at night in the summers and a lot on kerr. I see bassers at night in the main-lake especially in the nights before the tourneys. I see them fishing very, very shallow which is consistent with the below. In the castnets, after full-dark, the most and biggest largemouth bass come from less than 3ft of water in quiet areas where I know for certain the gizzard shad are hanging out at that moment. Riprap, brush structure, and shallows against the willows are productive - remember that my net'll fall onto the riprap but "alongside" the edges of the brush structures & willows (generally within a foot or so) so the net sinks down just beside. See you on the lake...jfo