Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Big Cat/ Dead Stipers

Mixed results this past week on the lake...son caught a 27LB blue on cut shad in about 18' around 7pm, several smaller eatin sized. Got a few Bass on points with crank, but what we really wanted was to find the big shad and fish the drift around Grassy for the stripers. Had a helluva time finding bait this weekend, used up what we had and saw about 12 boats in the mouth, watched two boat fish and one lose a biggun. But no stipers for us! Back next weekend, to try it again. Whats the secret to finding the shad..not the threadfins but the big gizzards? Im doin somethin wrong! Thanks guys!

Re: Big Cat/ Dead Stipers

nice blue cat. i catch bait in gaston off of shallow bridges at night, but i dont know about kerr.

scroll down to the post BIG SHAD by big wormer.

good luck

oh sorry actually its the post

HUGE SHAD

BY BIG WORMER

GOOD LUCK

Forgot the second part of the post: Yep, saw three nice stipers bellyup in Goat area just in one evening. I wish before they give up the ghost theyd give my line a pull!!

man thats a bummer,i never like to see a dead fish floating

good luck

Plenty of big BB herring around the bridge columns. They were at most all the bridges. Friends caught them at the new bridge, heard they were at the RR tressel and I caught mine at the Hwy 15 bridge in Grassy. You have to throw the net right up against the concrete and let it sink. Hope this helps.

Thanks SC and KatJR and all the rest....bridges it is. Ill give it a try this weekend.....my lot is right off of B12, behind Sweet Gum Pt (case any of ya wanna wave as ya go by!) so guess the nearest bridge might be Longwood/15. Im deadset on gettin my sons and I on some stripers this weekend, so hope the weather and the stars all align. Thanks again for the tips.

I usally catch those big shad right on the bank in 2 ft. of water or less. in the back of coves.as far as the stiper goes., alot are in the mouth of grassy now