Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
helpful information

I have a club championship tournament at bugs islands next weekend. We are putting in at the state park. i was wondering how i need to fish and what lures do i need to have. what areas of the lake do i need to target. i have never been to this lake before and any help will be grateful. thanks alot!!!

Re: helpful information

THIS TIME OF YEAR I DO BEST ON ROCKY MAIN LAKE POINTS, 8 TO 12 FT DEEP ON BIG WORMS AND CRANKS. GOOD TOPWATER BITE IN THE AM AND PM BUT THAT DON'T INTEREST TOURAMENT FISHER MEN. THEY HAVE TO STOP WHEN THE BASS START BITING. CAUGHT 16 SAT. OFF BEDS, HAD 21 LBS WITH 5 FISH. BIGGEST 6.92!!!COURSE EVERYONE TOLD ME THEY WERE THRU BEDDING!!! GO LOOK LET THE FISH TELL YOU.BUT THEY WILL MOVE THIS WEEK OF HOT WEATHER.

Well, they sure werent bedding in the Clarksville area! Fished most of the day and never saw ONE fish on a bed. They were in post-spawn. Something fishy here.....

YEAH, I WAS FISHING A LOCAL LAKE,REIDSVILLE CITY LAKE. JUST TRYING TO MAKE POINT OF FINDING YOUR OWN FISH NOT EVERYONE ELSE'S!!!

Like FishDoc, I have had good luck recently with larger Sencos (6") in black and big 10.5" OlMonster Zoom worms in black grape and black

I'd also pack some pearl flukes. They work great when the bass are chasing shad.

Bass may be at the end of there spawning but they aren't all done yet. They are still on the bed in Gaston,Kerr, and even the Roanoke river.It all coincides with spawning on the full moon and new moon!Awful cool spring made it later than normal this year.

Rockfish hit the nail on the head, agree 100%.

NOTSOIMPORTANT, LOOK IN TATES BRANCH OR ROCKY BRANCH OFF BUTCHERS CREEK. CHECK THE RIGHT HAND POCKETS GOING IN. HERE THEY BE BEDDING STILL.

fishdoc. just came back they aren't there!

WELL THATS WHERE I WOULD HAVE LOOKED TO START WITH. CAN'T HARDLY BELIEVE I COULD BE WRONG ABOUT FISHIN AGAIN!!!