Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Outer Banks sound fishing

Going to Avon on Mon., taking my 17' Tracker, anybody got any tips to catch flounder or drum. Don't want to get to far out with a small boat, any suggestions.

Re: Outer Banks sound fishing

Sorry, going to be in the sound, the rental house is on a canel leading to the sound..

Reports that I have seen say there are plenty of blues and spanish around Oregon Inlet. Cobia should also be heading up that way shortly. Hadn't heard anything on flounder or trout in Hatteras. Manns Harbor Bridge can be good too with year round stripers. Safe call with your boat. Good luck!

Won't be going that far north in boat, wonder if you can drift and drag bucktails with cut bait for flounder, I will be closer to Hatters inlet than Organ inlet, don't matter, just sitting on the boat watching the sun set with a beer (or 12) is all I need, fish will be a bonus.

Try fishing finger mullet or mud minnows on a carolina rig for flounder and reds. Should be able to catch plenty with a cast net..

Thanks Larry and Willy..

fish live bait and jigs between hatteras marina and hatteras inlet. the west side of the ferry channel has some grass flats and small cuts that should be full of fish this time of year.

^Thanks Jeremy, I just hope I don,t get lost!

They have been catching big drum around the Hatteras inlet recently. Also the cobia fishing has been good this week. Almost all of them outside of the inlet. Be very careful if you fish the inlet. It is pretty dangerous if you aren't familiar with it. Between the marina and the inlet you can catch bluefish and some spanish(safe there also). If you want inshore fishing, you might try Ken Dempsey(T252-986-2102). He guides down there and is very good. Good luck.

don't worry about getting lost just get about 1/4-1/2 mile west of channel and work your way toward the inlet you should find reds(drum),trout,and flounder and maybe a cobia (brother got a 52lb'r on those flats a couple of years ago) blues and spanish will be more in the ferry channel down towards the inlet.have a great trip!