Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crappie help

I have fished for crappie primarily on Jordan and Falls lake. I would like to try Kerr. This will be my first time on the lake. I was going to try the Satterwhite and nutbush areas. I am not asking for GPS coordinates just a general steering to an area. Are these areas any good. Any info would be appreciated. If you like you can email me at bendog@bellsouth.net
Thank you.
best regards, Dave (Tyedog)

Re: Crappie help

TYEDOG,CRAPPIES DOIN BEST AROUND CLARKSVILLE AREA RITE NOW. TRY THE BRIDGES IN THIS AREA. LOL.

fishdoc is right the bridge is the place,but there are some good brushpiles off of points in nutbush just use your depth finder and you will find them.

Whatever you do, don't tie-off to the big power pole across from Flemingtown boat ramp, the one with the big bird nest on top.

tyedog, take fisdoc & daves advice & head for the clarksville area it will be worth the drive. a lot of structure is added to the water in this area both by man & when the rivers overflow. You will not find 3 major bridges anywhere else on the lake either.

Thanks for the help guys. I may try the clarksville area next weekend. I didn't do too bad today kept a dozen the range was from 9 1/2 inches to a 14 incher but fished most of day. Tyedog.

FISHED SUN. MAY 5TH. BUFFALO TO CLARKSVILLE.HAD 37 KEEPERS 10 TO 14 IN. 8 TO 10 FT.DEEP. HOMEMADE BUSKTAILS. DID BEST ON ROCK POINTS AND RR BRIDGE. HAD LINE BROKE BY BIG CATS 6 TIMES,PARTNER LANDED 1 10LB BLUE.

fishdoc you are killing me,i want to go so bad but just don`t have the time to fish the way i like.

WELL,THOUGHT I WAS BEING HELPFUL! BUT I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN. I DON'T GET TO FISH BUT 250 DAYS A YEAR AND THAT IS NOT ENOUGH! I WORK SECOND SHIFT (3- 11PM) SO I CAN FISH EVERY MORNING. 3 MORE YEARS TO RETIREMENT!! HOPE I MAKE IT IN GOOD HEALTH AND HOPE YOU GET TO FISH MORE DAVE!!

250 days and ready to retire.96 days a year now and still have 36 more years before i retire. i that i make it that far.

YEAH, BEING YOUNG AIN'T ALL ITS CRACKED UP TO BE!!!