Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nutbush Ramp

Has the dock at Nutbush Park boat ramp been complete?

Re: Nutbush Ramp

Yes. I haven't seen what it looks like, but a buddy told me he used it over the weekend and it was pretty nice.

Launched there this morning. The new dock is a real big improvement to that ramp. Lots of bait at Nutbush bridge. Caught big bb herring, gizzards and threadfin almost every throw of the net.

I haven't used it yet but all these docks that are going in will be helpful. I noticed a sign at Nutbush that said 'Caution - underwater obstacles'. What's under the water there that is a hazard? Also if you launch there, is there a channel you should stay in?

I saw that sign but launched there last Friday and had no problems. The water depth at the end of the ramp was 8' to 10' deep. That used to be a 2 lane ramp and now it's just 1, so there may be some broken up concrete where the 2nd lane was.

That makes sense, thanks for your help.

I think that sign may be left over from the old stationary ramp. It used to have a big pole sticking up at then end, and when the water was up, you had to watch out for it and the submerged part of the dock.

huge rocks just to the side of ramp