Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
johnny
CHATTERBAITS
how do you put a fluke on a chatter bait and are they working this time of year....thanks for the help
Views: 295   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2007 6:03pm
by johnny
t
Tyedog
KL-Grassy Crappie 5/5
For those who can go this week here is my report and maybe it will help out. Saturday weather: Cloudy, showers, NE wind at 5...air temp 60's water range 64=67 What fish I did catch were decent; range of keepers 9.5-11.5 inches. total 9. As you can tell n...
Views: 677   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 9, 2007 3:03pm
by striperb
Crappie this weedend.
We are coming to Buggs Island on Friday to Fish for Crappie. Does anyone have any suggetions on where to fish?
Views: 806   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2007 2:56pm
by striperb
Grassy Creek / Buggs Island
Thought I would ask what the water temps were now around grassy creek. Last trip up we looked at the Buggs Island web site & it was about 10 degrees cooler than what was posted. Needless to say that cold front that we had 2 weeks ago made for a rough trip. I would al...
Views: 1009   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 9, 2007 2:46pm
by striperb
j
johnny
BASS
i am comming up to keer friday to fish for bass and its my first time this year what are yall catching them on and what color and where and how deep some HELP WOULD BE NICE PLEASE thanks...
Views: 306   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2007 2:41pm
by johnny
noodling
visited my dad this weekend .he is 73 and with arthritis cant hold a pole so he puts out noodles and runs after them with his trolling motor.usually all lines are about 20 ft deep and catch lots of cats between 5-20lbs in water 25-50ft. shad and squid work. can anyb...
Views: 1208   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 9, 2007 2:13pm
by keith
va.striper.com
Haven't been able to find their web site in a while.Wondering if anybody could or, know what changed. Thanks
Views: 594   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 9, 2007 12:29pm
by Chris Thomas
a
Andre
Can anyone help
I coming up to Buggs Island Saturday and I'm entering my boat at ruggs creek I wanted to know if anypne could give me some pointers on where to fish for bass and what lures I should use as for instance jigs or spinnerbaits. Whats working and what are the bass eatings...
Views: 315   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2007 12:05pm
by Andre
need some help
Hey ya'll I need some help. I'm takeing my family to north bend campground this weekend. We're from the outer banks. Never been to Kerr Dam. I heard there are some big cats and some rockfish there. Any info and fishing spots that will keep the kids pulling them in wo...
Views: 449   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2007 11:59am
by SeldomSeen
hard tops
does anybody know of anybody that sells hard tops for center console cheap. 1bigblue
Views: 402   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 9, 2007 9:11am
by Ray
stripers
im comming up to buggs this weekend and wanted to see where the stripers are and what are yall catching them on.any HELP would be nice
Views: 494   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2007 9:02am
by Jason
Fishdoc's Advise
Hey Pal, My wife wants to go try the big catfish somewhere besides our dock. I have never fished for them here and I need a little help. I read the post about fishing out from the dam. It is not far from Flemmingtown where we live by water. Is this a good spot or do...
Views: 600   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2007 11:28pm
by fishdoc
Briery Creek Lake Bass fishing ?
I was going to try fishing Briery Creek Lake this week just for a change of pace..... does anyone out there know what the Bass are doing at Briery at this time? On or off the beds? what are they being caught on? what areas of the lake are best? I would really appr...
Views: 701   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 8, 2007 9:47pm
by rich
Explanation of rule please
I know the size limit in Virginia on the blues but what i don,t know how many a boat ?Is it 1 per person or 1 per boat?
Views: 1021   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 8, 2007 6:27pm
by 1bigblue
b
Bigcat
striper bait
Going to Weldon to fish on Wed and Thurs from Greensboro,we cant make it to 5th street before daylight so we thought about putting in Kerr and catching some shad for wed and then going that night to 5th and get herring for thursday. can anyone give me any better sugg...
Views: 856   Replies: 10
Last Post: May 8, 2007 5:09pm
by bigcat
b
bcat
shad????
good thing i brought shad with me this weekend.i tried sandy,bluestone and buffalo and caught no shad. first time in 30 yrs i guess.i had fresh bait caught the nite before but with no wind i needed some live ones.. where are they????? bcat
Views: 426   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 8, 2007 9:09am
by CIRCLE HOOK
Tried FishDoc's trolling method
Hey FishDoc, I went to Kerr for the first time this year over the past weekend. I had a fuse break and burn out the lead to my bow mounted trolling motor and dash mounted depth finder. I did have a transom mounted trolling motor. I have been wanting to try your t...
Views: 730   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 8, 2007 8:19am
by Double H
Fishing Show
We are shooting shows now and hope too air the first one June 2. Roxboro Public Acess Channel 10 and on the web at www.fishingwithphil.com
Views: 1011   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 8, 2007 12:50am
by directcurrent
j
JEFF
LARGEMOUTH BASS
HELLO EVERYONE. BEEN READING YOUR POSTS AND IT LOOKS LIKE EVERYONE'S BEEN DOING ALRIGHT ON THE WATER. I COME TO KERR LAKE JUST ONCE A YEAR, AND MY WIFE AND I ARE COMING DOWN ON MOTHERS DAY, AND WE STAY AT SATTERWHITE POINT. I ONLY HAVE A 40 HORSE JET BOAT, AND WAS W...
Views: 659   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2007 11:38pm
by Darold
NC State Record Channel Cat
I was looking at the north carolina state record freshwater fish and saw that there was no record for a channel cat. The record is up for grabs. The fish has to be over 20 pounds they say to get on the boards. I fish a catfish pond in Granville county and i have caug...
Views: 1568   Replies: 19
Last Post: May 7, 2007 10:18pm
by Gman
r
R.J.
Top Water
I am coming up there in a couple weeks. I haven't seen anybody talking about top water baits. I was just wondering if anybody has been catching anything on them?
Views: 667   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 7, 2007 9:27pm
by ru
b
bcat
lake rental at bluestone
my family and i have reserved the lakehouse at blustone for this weekend. anyone familar with this place or have any info about the owners. thanks...
Views: 296   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2007 7:53pm
by bcat
s
Steve
BOBCAT'S OPEN TOURNEY
GOOD DEAL!HOPE TO SEE EVERYONE THERE.LOT'S OF FISHERMEN LIKE TO CRAPPIE FISH FOR CRAPPIE IN THE SUMMER AS WELL AS SPRING AND FALL,GET TO ENJOY SOME FRIENDLY GET TOGETHERS WITH OTHER CRAPPIE FISHERMEN.IT'S JUST GREAT FOR THE SPORT OF CRAPPIE FISHING,THANKS.
Views: 297   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2007 7:22pm
by Steve
b
bigcat
SHAD
Sorry for asking again, anyone know of shad in Falls, if so where from where 85 crosses can you put in and find them,, Thanks
Views: 370   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 7, 2007 4:33pm
by bigcat
r
ronald
fri and sat
coming up thurs fr 2 day toun will be fishing out of hibernia. just wandering if any body had any info to share that would be very appretiated. just a small club about 10 boats not fishing fr money just points . been hearing alot about the blue herrin and how the...
Views: 454   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2007 12:38pm
by ronald
weldon
Can anyone give me some information on weldon.Are the fish there or not.Some people are saying its been good and others are saying its been an off year.I am two hours away.I was thinking I might go one day this week.Is the season in or out.I'd hate to go down there a...
Views: 365   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 7, 2007 10:48am
by Bo
Ballons
Who ever you were, thanks for the tip. Fished ballons behind the boat 3' off the bottom with live/dead shad on Sat. Hammered them, great day. Fished in the flat betweenb the R and Dan river about 1 mile south of Stanton.
Views: 437   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2007 8:28am
by SeldomSeen
LMB
Fished Nutbush Sat with my friend Rick. We caught mostly small undersized LMB on crankbaits. Oh and one large brim that was bigger than my hand. Water was about 65-66 degrees in most areas. We even took a trip up near the dam. Water was calm and smooth. Great day to...
Views: 419   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 7, 2007 8:09am
by TXBassnCat
V H S / Marine Radio
Does anyone have a radio that they can recommend? I just had one bite the dust after 25 years. Place to purcase would be great as well. Thanks, Fred
Views: 921   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 7, 2007 7:55am
by TXBassnCat
k
keven
milton
Has anyone caught any flatheads or blues at milton yet? They should be there or on the way?
Views: 671   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 6, 2007 7:58pm
by silent assasin
t
terry
Narvonics map chip question again
How do i go "in" and select a file on my 332-c in order to use the map chip of the north east? Thanks,Terry
Views: 390   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 6, 2007 4:38pm
by terry
t
terry
Map chip
Installed a navonics north east chip in my 332 c. What's next? Will the conture lines of the lakes in the chip appear when i am at these bodies of water? No instruction's came with the chip. May seem like a dumb question, but wanted to be sure i don't screw anything...
Views: 465   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 6, 2007 11:30am
by roy
j
JACK G
TILT TRIM PROBLEM
I have a 2005 Tracker 175 pro team with a 50 merc elpto motor. I hit a stump in the river hard and now my tilt trim will not hold the motor up when running. It does rase and lower, but when I put power to the motor it loweres it self back down. any body have any id...
Views: 436   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 6, 2007 9:33am
by ru
b
Bo
Weldon report
Guided the last couple of days. River has dropped to less than 7000 cfs. Bite was great. We caught plenty of fish both keepers and slot fish. Wednesday evening there were a lot of fish fights from the big rock down to the curve before troublefield. We found fish...
Views: 486   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 5, 2007 9:48am
by Bo
Anybody know of any open tournaments going on this weekend?
Nothing listed on the upcoming tournament page but a lot of people aren't posting their tournaments for whatever reason?
Views: 575   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 5, 2007 12:16am
by jfo
caprandy
how big is your gold fish bowl? 1bigblue
Views: 544   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 4, 2007 10:25pm
by 1bigblue
s
sylvan
boat problems
I have an older model deck boat. It starts great but won't go into gear. Forward or reverse! Anybody got any ideas what it might be and about how mush $$ it would cost?
Views: 1086   Replies: 13
Last Post: May 4, 2007 1:16pm
by TXBassnCat
BASS
If anyone could tell me what the bass are doing, I would appreciate it. My 3 year old son and I are coming down next week to fish and just wondering if anyone would care to help me. Thank you very much.
Views: 1396   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 4, 2007 10:02am
by TXBassnCat
Fishfinder / GPS
I'm looking to buy a new 580 Sonar/gps combo by hummingbird does anyone know anytnhing about this model.I hear that gps is the way to go but never tried one before.Please if anyone could help me with this it would mean alot.
Views: 386   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 4, 2007 9:01am
by Bassin Bailey
r
Rick
Stripers- Red Fins
Can any one tell me what type and color red fins the stripers hit at Kerr. Going next weekend to try it and some friends told me that the stripers hit this lure at Kerr but they aren't sure of color or the type of them. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Rick
Views: 805   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 4, 2007 7:43am
by Fishfinder
Fishing Report and question about the spawn
Have fished hard the past two days with a friend from Illinois. Wednesday, put in at Ivy Hill and fished that general area. Caught 13 all together, mainly 1-2 lb bass (males), throwing plastics around the brush. Did not find many fish in the backs of pockets, more...
Views: 615   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 4, 2007 6:45am
by muzakman57
big blue
citation..... Blue Catfish 74½ lbs thats a beast,hope it was released and not going hanging over the fireplace.
Views: 860   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2007 8:50pm
by Robert
s
Scott
Any catching today 4/29?
Obviously I had no luck today, hope someone else did. I took the Arima up to Kerr today to give it its monthly day on the water. Spent a lot of time doing drifts from NW to SE across the branch running south from Satterwhite Marina. Made about five or six passes...
Views: 1491   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 3, 2007 4:18pm
by 1bigblue
j
Jason
Rivers above Kerr
How far above bluestone do you have to run to get to the first good set of shoals? Is there a better ramp to use than bluestone? Thanks for the info. Jason
Views: 892   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 3, 2007 10:14am
by Skiff 1980
g
Greg
New Carpet
I have a 1993 Procraft bass boat that needs new carpet. Has anyone ever attempted this on your own? If so, how much trouble is it to do and how much time is involved? Any info would be of tremendous help.....Thanks, Greg
Views: 680   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 3, 2007 8:34am
by fireball
r
Roy
Bass
What are the bass doing now? Are they still spawning? Best way to catch them to concentrate on 2-8' water with plastics? Any help would be appreciated. Making a 4 hour drive late Thrusday night to get some time on the water this weekend.
Views: 1266   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 2, 2007 10:43pm
by muzikman
Trolling for Stripers
Wondering if anyone has had any luck trolling for Stripers with bucktails and spoons yet? Is it still to early? Thanks in advance.
Views: 863   Replies: 6
Last Post: May 2, 2007 8:35pm
by RETNAVYENCM
night time crappie
I plan on going camping with my son at longwood park May 4th week end. Can anyone give me some tips on catching crappie at night this time of year? I use a light around the gridges during summer. But this time of year I have no clue?
Views: 813   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 2, 2007 8:24pm
by CapRandy
j
JD
Crappie
My wife and I fished Buffalo a little late Sunday afternoon (our first time in there). We found a few Crappie, White Perch and one White Bass on shallow wind blown banks across from the ramp in 2-7 feet of water. We were throwing 1-1/2" tube baits silver fleck & char...
Views: 320   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 2, 2007 5:41pm
by JD
stick steer crappie boats
Do any of you folks own orf have fished out of a stick steer crappie boat? If so I would like to hear what you think of them. Thinking about buying one soon. Thanks in advance
Views: 871   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 2, 2007 5:35pm
by RETNAVYENCM
9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Free Forum powered by Bravenet