Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Any catching today 4/29?

Obviously I had no luck today, hope someone else did.

I took the Arima up to Kerr today to give it its monthly day on the water. Spent a lot of time doing drifts from NW to SE across the branch running south from Satterwhite Marina. Made about five or six passes across without a hit on the minnows, cut (frozen) shad, and night crawlers I was dragging on the bottom. Morning winds were not too bad, but had gotten gusty by about 11:00. Finally lost enough gear to the bottom and headed out into Nutbush and trolled two lines down the east shore to about the N marker. Lost one to a snag on a shallow point some bass guys were fishing. Trolled back up the west side of Nutbush and crossed back over and headed back to the docks.

No hits, very few marks on fish finder. Was surprisingly calm down toward the south end of the lake, but was small whitecaps and very blustery as I headed north and crossed back over into Flemingtown.

Other than the lack of fish and the gusts, it was a pretty decent day in the south, and not really too nasty except around the mouth of the Flemington branch. Not a whole lot of boats out there, then again I left about 1:30. Boat basically blew onto the trailer.

Re: Any catching today 4/29?

Fished all weekend at the dam and not one hit. set out a few jug lines and nothing. Seen a couple of people pull in a few bass during the tourney but nothing to talk about.

fished 4-28,33 blues,1 flathead about 40lbs.I fished at the mouth of Buffalo 1bigblue

1bigblue, ya get a bigblue? they on the humps or in the channel? we've got some bigguns off the humps , but its usually later. thanx!

Thanks for the replies, except for the experts, it doesn't look like I was alone in having a slow day

fishdoc,I fished both sides of the channel.Not many fish on bottom,cought just about all fish suspened about 15ft best blue was mid 20s,who's the proffessionals? 1bigblue

1bigblue, thanx, hope to get down this w/e, may give the blues a try,

1bigblue & fishdoc, ok, maybe not professionals, but you both seem to have a much better idea of how to catch you chosen fish species than the rest of us and have always provided helpful advice.

When you guys get skunked, then I know it is an absolutely horrible day on the water, as opposed to a semi average day when I and a lot of the other guys get skunked.

Scott, i get skunked more often than i'd like...but its usually tryin something new, either new specie or technique. you should try something new, fish a different area! go up lake.

Scott I've been chaseing those blues for 7 years pretty hard at buggs,I still don't have them figured out yet.I've been skunked a few times this year,saturday I believe the fish GOD was shinning down on us,I usally don't catch fish like that intil oct-jan, keep a tight line and watch that rod 1bigblue