Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
stick steer crappie boats

Do any of you folks own orf have fished out of a stick steer crappie boat? If so I would like to hear what you think of them. Thinking about buying one soon. Thanks in advance

Re: stick steer crappie boats

Hey Guy: I owned one for 20 years an Arrowglass Tarpon. Best Fishing boat I have ever owned and is still in the family. When I blew the engine three years ago my wife bought me the Duracraft Pro Crappie. I put a rebuilt 40 hp Merc on it and gave it to my son and grandson. It had front & rear swival seats with storage underneath. A large center seat which had a cooler in front with the drain feeding the live well. Foot control Minnkota, front gray scale with transducer on tm and a Hummingbird flasher to run with. I had the flat poly tanks under the transom shield. It is still in great shape. I can e-mail you some pics if you like. One tip you are sitting right up front. Put trim & tilt engine with enough hp to plane you quickly or you will get sprayed in rough water. Have had the awful stomach virus & only fished twice in last two weeks. The Crappie are biting pretty good again. I caught 19 Wed only 8 keepers. My neighbor's son in law caught 15 yesterday on the main lake here at Nutbush area in bushes. Hope this helps you with your decision. Buy you a drive on trailer. Tight lines & smiles, G

Sorry to hear you have been sick and I hope you are better soon. Thanks for the info on the boat, I appreciatte it

send me some pictures, also, please. i'd love to see it!

I owned a 16' stick steer, with 25 hp Merc. Perfect size for one person, works good for two, too small for three. I liked having the driver seat closer to the front of boat. Had it for 10 years and loved it!

Just a thought for you on a front stick-steering boat. My first boat was a 16 foot Quachita fiberglass tri-hull with a 50 mercury on the back. I really loved that boat because I could steer from the front and operate my trolling motor without moving. It brings back plenty of good memories. I miss that rig!!

I HAD A 16' QUACHITA W/65HP MERC. IT WAS A GOOD FISHING BOAT AS LONG AS THE WATER WASN'T ROUGH. THE FRONT STICK STEER WAS GOOD TO GET MORE WEIGHT UP FRONT WHEN I HAD MY BAIT TANK IN THE BOAT AND IT ALLOWED WORKING THE TROLLING MOTOR WITHOUT LOSING MY SEAT UP FRONT. JUST STOP AND FISH, NO MOVING AROUND. LOW GUNWALES ALLOWED SPRAY TO ENTER WHEN IN ROUGH WATER WAS THE ONLY DRAWBACK.
HOPE THIS HELPS.
FISHIN MAGICIAN

Thanks for all trhe replies fellas