Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
weldon

Can anyone give me some information on weldon.Are the fish there or not.Some people are saying its been good and others are saying its been an off year.I am two hours away.I was thinking I might go one day this week.Is the season in or out.I'd hate to go down there and have to wait three hours to launch my boat.Does anyone think its worth it.Is the water up.Anyway we went last year about this time didn't have to wait for any boats but didn't catch to many fish either a few small fish.Any information greatly appreciated.Thank you

Re: weldon

Fished last Wednesday. Took my time, no worries on the traffic. You cannot keep fish any longer, barbless still required. Caught 40, but most were small fish in the 18-22 inch range. Caught fish on live bait and bucktails. This cold snap may set things back for a few days. You won't know if you don't go. I think there is still some time for the bigger fish to show.

Re: Re: weldon

Willy B is correct. There are alot of fish here but with the river fluctuation some days have been slow.
I took a client on an afternoon trip yesterday and caught between 25 and 30 on bucktails. Most fish were in the 18 to 22 inch range as well. I talked to another guide this morning at the cafe. He says there is a large school of fish down from trouble field gap. I have caught fish in several areas but yesterday with the wind justs stayed in one hole. It would be worth the trip. Numbers at the landing have greatly decreased. As the previous post said the season is over but barbless hooks are required. The river has dropped some more so be careful.

Bo