Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
TILT TRIM PROBLEM

I have a 2005 Tracker 175 pro team with a 50 merc elpto motor. I hit a stump in the river hard and now my tilt trim will not hold the motor up when running.
It does rase and lower, but when I put power to the motor it loweres it self back down. any body have any ideas on what to do about it ?

Thanks

Re: TILT TRIM PROBLEM

Jack,
If you live around the lake i say take it to BuggsIsland boat Co. I was there a week ago with problems and i was from way out of town, we all know what happens to those people. Dont even know the owners name, he looked at my boat and told me my problem didnt charge me a dime. That is not a common thing if you ask me If i have problems on Kerr i know where i will go first. My buddy has almost the same story from last year thats why i went.

Jack, Sounds like you have torn a seal in your hydrolic. The sudden upwards jolt when the unit hit the motor forced the hydro pressure to climb above limits too quickly resulting in A torn seal. at least thats how it happened to me last year. Took me over $200 worth of guesswork from mechanics before I thought to check that option out. Hope this helps. Take care......

Thanks guys, I will look into the seal idea first.

My Merc did that once. It was four small O rings under the top plate in the trim pump. Check to see if you have any leakage at the pump unit.