Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Crappie

My wife and I fished Buffalo a little late Sunday afternoon (our first time in there). We found a few Crappie, White Perch and one White Bass on shallow wind blown banks across from the ramp in 2-7 feet of water. We were throwing 1-1/2" tube baits silver fleck & chartreuse, 1/16 oz heads. Monday we found most fish between 6-10 feet deep over brush in around 20' of water. Caught a lot of little ones with a few 11" & up mixed in. I put in a Grassy, Longwood ramp Tues. morning. Went up stream caught 30 or so between 10-15 feet deep over trees/brush in 15-25 feet of water near the creek channel. Fish preferred red head chartreuse or black head chartreuse. Water color was brown & around 71 degrees, much more stained than main channel near Clarksville.

Monday & Tuesday night we fished the Rt. 58 bridge pillar that was closest to the Clarksville side. It was the only one that had both sides of it lit up under water. We caught a few directly in the light but the bulk of them came from the deeper side any where from 8-17 feet deep in the shadows. We tried several colors but black head/chartreuse tentacles was the preferred bait. Bite wasn't consistent but would come in spurts. Temps were 72-74 degrees. I could predict the bite by watching my locater. Fish were passing through and not hanging around. All total we caught around 150 or so, kept 35 11-14" fish. Most still had eggs.
Most fish we caught in the creeks (Blue Stone, Buffalo & Grassy) were over/near/in cover at the edge of creek channels, especially in cuts or bends. Fish were scattered and seemed to be passing through, we rarely caught more than 5-7 at any one tree/brush. If I were fishing the Clarksville area tonight, I would definitely check out that first bridge pylon after dark.