Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Grassy Creek / Buggs Island

Thought I would ask what the water temps were now around grassy creek. Last trip up we looked at the Buggs Island web site & it was about 10 degrees cooler than what was posted. Needless to say that cold front that we had 2 weeks ago made for a rough trip. I would also like to ask what the bass are doing beds/post spawn..? Thought I would bring the son up for a couple of days of bass fishing this weekend.
Thanks for any help

Re: Grassy Creek / Buggs Island

I fished saturday. range 64-67. stained

FISHED GRASSY SATURDAY AND IT WAS TOUGH FOR US. WE HAD 4 THAT WERE 1 TO 2 POUNDS AT NOON. THEY CAME BACKEND OF COVES IN 4' OF WATER OR LESS ON T-RIGGED LIZARDS. FINALLY FOUND SOME FISH IN THE AFTERNOON ON HUMPS IN MAIN LAKE IN 9 TO 12'WATER WITH ROCKS.C-RIGGED BIG WORMS. WE CAUGHT NUMBERS BUT NOT ANY OVER 16".
ABE

Crappie fished out of Longwood Saturday with fishdoc. We had 1 bass at 2.5 lbs while casting for Crappie. It was back in a small cut. by the way we caught 150 or so crappie saturday but struggled badly in the strong wind and badly stained water on sunday morning. Caught several bass Monday up to 1 1/2 lb while crappie fishing with another partner. Also caught the bass in cuts and coves. Casting small bucktails................