Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Explanation of rule please

I know the size limit in Virginia on the blues but what i don,t know how many a boat ?Is it 1 per person or 1 per boat?

Re: Explanation of rule please

All laws would be per person, per day!!

I think its 20 per person and 1 over 32 inches 1bigblue

Danny, my search of the rulebook did not answer your question about per angler or per boat. The Va administrative code, section § 29.1-100, which contains the definitions has the following definition for "creel limit":
"Bag or creel limit" means the quantity of game, fish or fur-bearing animals that may be taken, caught, or possessed during a period fixed by the Board.

All of these regulations and rules are in the context of the angler and none of them are in the context of a boat. I am very confident these regs are "per angler". If you decide to call DIF to be 100% sure, let us know back.

jfo

Sorry it took a while to get back ,thanks for the info jfo.Could you give me the # to call and I will.I live in North Carolina and don,t know many Virginia Government #s

Sure. Kerr lake and the rivers are mostly in District 2. That office is 1132 Thomas Jefferson Raod, Forest Va 24551. The phone is 434 525 7522. Let us know if they confirm its all per angler...thx. jfo

yes please tell us because I believe i'm right 1 bigblue