Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Weldon report

Guided the last couple of days. River has dropped to less than 7000 cfs. Bite was great. We caught plenty of fish both keepers and slot fish. Wednesday evening there were a lot of fish fights from the big rock down to the curve before troublefield. We found fish both near the landing and below the power lines.
There is still a lot of fish to get here if they do.
With the water temp coming up some fish may not get this far. Good luck wherever you fish.

Bo

ps If you are throwing for shad behind or in front of the dam please cut your engine off. **when the generators are not running. For one thing you are wasting gas and for another it tends to spook the bait. I always use my trolling motor when the generators are off. I could make a lot of comments regarding poor boating habits. BUT, the majority of the fisherman do what is right so I will let that one go. Tight lines.

Re: Weldon report

Bo, Fished Friday at Weldon and it was kind of slow. Caught bait at fifth street but know some others that caught bait at Thelma. What kind of boat do you fish from?

Re: Re: Weldon report

Its a Polar Kraft 1860 thats camoflagued. It is powered by a 75 Mercury. It has camo seats and a bait well in the middle.

Bo