Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
KL-Grassy Crappie 5/5

For those who can go this week here is my report and maybe it will help out.

Saturday weather: Cloudy, showers, NE wind at 5...air temp 60's water range 64=67

What fish I did catch were decent; range of keepers 9.5-11.5 inches. total 9. As you can tell no numbers; deep on brush with blk and chart jig.

I was "running and gunning brush"

TD

Re: KL-Grassy Crappie 5/5

Thanks Tyedog!!!!!

Tyedog: Check your e-mail for pics. Whupped you a little bit. 32 in 3 hrs, live minnows and a Uncle Buck pole on one pine tree. No smallies. Smiles, G

striperb an i fished grassy sat with 35 keepers from 10-14 1/2 inches. 10 ft deep on brush in 20 ft of water, bucktails and twistertails(white and shad colored) tried again sun...3 keepers for half a day. hard to thro that little jig in 30MPH wind!

Fishdoc is right it is hard fishin in 30 to 35 mile and hour winds. We sort of got beat up Sunday morning but the 150 or so on Saturday was pretty fun. Fishdoc went home at lunchtime but I was there for a few days with some friends so I fished on. I went back sunday afternoon in the strong winds cause I am a glutton for punishment. We did fair in the afternoon when we could find a spot we could stay on that was holding fish. No big fish but decent numbers compared to the bite we had early in the am.
Fished again Monday in the the typhoon type winds just cause we love it so much. did fair. Had 22 keeprs 9 to 10 inches. Came home tuesday morning, wish I was down there today but I just had to come back to work. Well you guys stay after them, save me some for next weekend as I cant get there this w/e.
StriperB