Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trolling for Stripers

Wondering if anyone has had any luck trolling for Stripers with bucktails and spoons yet? Is it still to early? Thanks in advance.

Re: Trolling for Stripers

I caught my last one back in early March on a trolled crankbait and haven't seen too much sign of them in the main lake since them. Most are probably still spawning, will be nice when they come back down.

We caught one small one yesterday near Bluestone (not trolling) and I think that some of them are moving back downstream.
Don't forget the new rules about limit and size, doesn't change till June!

My two sons (7 and 11) each caught a keeper Saturday afternoon. We were drifting cut shad on santee rigs just above the bridges in Clarksville.

Bryan what is a Santee rig??

What I call a santee rig is just a carolina rig with a small cork on the hook end of the rig.The cork should be closer to the hook than the lead,the purpose of this is it(the cork) floats the bait up off the bottom a little bit,,the cut bait aint just laying directly on the bottom.. dudley

Okay I have used that for Catfish but never used cutbait for Stripers anytime I have fished for them. Didn't know that was called a Santee rig, Than ks Dudley