Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
q
Quint
84 lb blue
Fishfinder told me and Willy that he caught a 84 lb blue last year does any one know if there is any truth to this? And said it was caught in a 60ft hole at the mouth of Bluestone? He also said 50 lb fish were easy to catch at buggs would get one that size on almos...
Views: 896   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 14, 2005 11:19am
by mudslinger
bridge lights
Are they ever going to put the lights at the old bridge like they say they were?
Views: 839   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2005 3:12pm
by Lee
HEY CLICKER?
ARE WE ON FOR THE SMALLIES IN THE MORNING. I FEEL A 5+LBER COMING. I'm in dire need of bronze back to jerk my rod out of my hand. Give me a call. GOOD FISHING AND GOD BLESS!!!
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 12, 2005 9:15pm
by Clicker
James river Fun tourney Sat evening.
Wanted to invite you up to fish with us here on the James on August 13th, Saturday, 6pm to 1am. This is what we call a Target Weight Tournament. It levels the playing field for everyone. Object is to get as close to 50 pounds total with up to 5 fish. You c...
Views: 255   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 10:19pm
by Ranger690
south hill concert sat..?
I'm going to that concert sat, can anyone give me an idea how to get there from roxboro? Thanks
Views: 419   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 7:45pm
by Randy
Current Bass Patterns
Folks - Greetings. Up to Buggs for the weekend to camp and do a little bass fishing w/the family. Haven't been on the lake since early spring - any suggestions on what to try now? probably launch out of lower end of Nutbush. many thanks
Views: 372   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 6:09pm
by o2bbassin
Hey MarkA
You finding any of those elusive striper yet. Saw a post that a guy got into them on Falls Lake at night if you can believe that. They dont stock them any more in Falls but he had a heck of a night with numerous hookups. Hope you are finding em up there.
Views: 406   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 4:24pm
by StriperChaser
j
JD
Mid October Largemouth
I am going to be on Kerr in mid October. I was wondering what the conditions will be like then. Also any information on how & where to get into some hawgs would be much appreciated. I am from Western PA and have never been on Kerr. Thanks in advance!!!
Views: 528   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 10:34am
by JD
Catfishing
Are there any die hard cat fishermen on this board? I have a new product that needs field testing. I am looking for 2 or 3 die hards that would like to test this new sauce out for me. This sauce can be used on any type of bait your using to catch catfish. If you are...
Views: 412   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 11, 2005 9:34am
by Crossbow
Cats?
Im hoping to be on the lake moneither early am or late pm, anybody got any ideas where to catch some cats? Thanks, Mike
Views: 241   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 9:27pm
by Basscat
l
LarryW
White Perch
Never have I had such a hard time locating them. Can anyone give me some tips . I try and fish areas around satterwhite pt and up to the dam. I use minnows on a drop rig and last night I located some large schools of fish but no takers. They were in 24 ft of water...
Views: 884   Replies: 9
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 8:59pm
by dave
Lowrance Fish Finders
Anyone interested in selling a lowrance x-70, x-70a, or LMS-350, please let me know. Thankyou
Views: 357   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 6:41pm
by JRS
THIEVIN SOB
Yesterday during the day someone went into my yard, to my boat and stole my 4 cat rods and landing net. There were 2 shimano 3500 baitrunners, 1 shimano 4500 baitrunner on ugly stick lite rods sp1100 MH 7' spooled with 30lb fireline, 1 old 2 piece ugly stick 7' with...
Views: 1345   Replies: 23
Last Post: Aug 10, 2005 2:17pm
by BRYANT
Staunton River Smallies
When you guys are putting in at Long Island, do you take out again there or float down to Brookneal? What type of boat, raft, canoe are you using? Seeking any an all input on what sounds like a great fishery. Thanks.
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2005 11:31pm
by Clicker
smallies
Just a lil note on some good fishing,have caught a pile of smallmouths up staunton river waded with my pops yesterday and caught 15 biggest 2.5 and 3-4 @1.5 they were hitting night crawlers and white flukes good luck and GOD bless
Views: 917   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 9, 2005 5:27pm
by tprkite
Night fishing for largemouth
Will be down next Monday for largemouth fishing. Planning on night fishing. Will be staying in Clarksville. Any suggestions on the fishning?
Views: 374   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 9, 2005 3:17pm
by Randel
Good catfishing
I know on the info page it is saying catfishing is good. But the past few weeks have been TOUGH for me and a few other people I know. Just wondering how things were going for everybody else. Board has been real tight liped lately.
Views: 630   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 11:46pm
by Katmaster Jr.
t
Tim
boat repair
Anybody know of any good boat mech. I think the impeller is out on mine or either the water pump.It will run for awhile then when you stop I get an annoying buzzer going off.HELP!
Views: 475   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 8:19pm
by Tim
cats?
anyone catching any cats lately, I'D LOVE TO HANG A HAWG, but if anyone is willing to give any advice where theyve been catching any at all, i would appreciate it Thanks, Mike
Views: 355   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 4:39pm
by Katmaster Jr.
CRAPPIE?
ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON NIGHT FISHING FOR CRAPPIE THIS TIME OF YEAR. LAST SEVERAL DAY TRIPS HAVE BEEN VERY FEW KEEPERS. CRAPPIE CROSSING AND DAVE I FINALLY GOT A COUPLE OF PICTURES ON CATCH OF THE DAY. CHECK THEM OUT. 5LB. 2oz. small mouth and a 6lb. 10oz. walleye....
Views: 554   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 3:40pm
by RIVER RAT
bow fishing
looking to come up soon from asheboro NC to do some bow fishing. i realize i've missed the carp spawn but any recommendations from you locals on the best time between now and fall to shoot some carp and/or gar? thanks
Views: 212   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 8, 2005 2:10pm
by Ray
t
tmb
white perch
not very familiar with lake.would nutbush or eastland be a good place to try for white perch
Views: 342   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 5, 2005 10:43pm
by dave
Why keep a dinasour?
Why would anyone keep a 50lb. Bluecat or any 50lb catfish? NC Catman
Views: 1522   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 11:46pm
by danny b
h
H2o
Water Condition
What is the water like around the bridges to around Longwood. Muddy ?? Trash ?? Thanks !!
Views: 394   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 6:07pm
by JRS
Handheld VHF Range
What is maximium range for Handheld VHF and which one should I buy to carry while saltwater fishing,Im putting together a ditch bag.
Views: 201   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 6:03pm
by JRS
Carp Locations in Kerr
Ya'll might think I'm crazy but I have never caught a carp and I have heard their pretty fun to tangle with. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to let me know where they see a lot of these critters in buggs island lake. I will probably be on foot so shore f...
Views: 627   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 2:15pm
by Ray
j
JW
radio?
Hey I am thinking of getting a radio thing to use on my boat to communicate with some of you guys about fish and such when I am out fishing and I was wondering how much they cost and what one I should get?
Views: 478   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 4, 2005 5:58am
by Inboard
k
Kyle
Best fall month to bass fish
I'm planing on going to Kerr sometime this fall to Bass fish. What is the best time in the fall to be on the water at Kerr?
Views: 346   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 3, 2005 10:31pm
by FISHDOC
212LB Catfish!!!
Sorry, but not here in the lake. It's a cool picture though. http://www.wftv.com/slideshow/2691965/detail.html?qs=;s=1;w=400
Views: 425   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 3, 2005 2:19pm
by finsandgills
north bend camping area
Has anyone had any experience with this campground? Is there a store or bait shop near there? Thanks for any info.
Views: 298   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 10:33pm
by Katmaster Jr.
Battle Cats
We've been going quite often, with not much luck on the Blue cats in Staunton from below 360 up to Brookneal. One or two here and there nothing big. Almost all of the ones we caught have major battle scars that look like a prop got them. No skin on their heads etc...
Views: 842   Replies: 12
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 8:09pm
by Monsterbuck
h
hotrod
looking stripers
hi anyone heard or catching any stripers around satterwhite point to the dam have had back probs and not been on the lake in a while would be thankful for the help
Views: 335   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 3:43pm
by fishcrazy
Catching Report - Really Big Bait
Everybody knows I have a soft spot for good BIG bait...In the search for the perfect catfish bait, I have for a while now been trying to figure out how to rope down one of them jetski thingies to see if I could beat Willy's record using it for bait. I think a silver...
Views: 589   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 11:13am
by justlearning
stripers!!!!
i have been working my @ss off for the past couple of weeks tryin to catch stripers. ive been using bucktails mostly. ive been catching a bunch of white bass with spinners but i havent caught a single striper. i dont have a fish finder, so maybe thats my problem,...
Views: 664   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 2, 2005 1:30am
by NightTrain
g
Greg
Fall fishing
Which month is the best fishing in the fall at Kerr?
Views: 452   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 1, 2005 9:41pm
by FISHDOC
t
Tim
fishfinder
anybody here ever heard anything about vexilar flashers compared to the super sixtys?
Views: 321   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2005 5:27pm
by Tim
White Perch (Hey "Doc" !!!)
Hey FISHDOC - I forgot your office phone and couldn't get Bo on the phone but wanted you to hear about my day Sat. (and to thank you again for getting me started on these things !!!) Was down at the area I've been workin' the past good while and took a man and his...
Views: 733   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 1, 2005 4:06pm
by FISHDOC
j
JRS
CARP TOURNY
I SPOKE WITH STAN AT BIBT SATURDAY AND THEY ARE WILLING TO LET US USE THEIR DOCK AND STORE FOR THE SIGN UP, STAGING AND WEIGH IN. SO NOW WE ARE GOING TO START MOVING FORWARD ON THIS IF YOU ALL WANT TO HAVE THIS CARP TOURNY PLEASE LET ME OR STAN KNOW. STAN SAID THE TO...
Views: 209   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 31, 2005 6:47pm
by Carl
drift fishing
I am new to catfishing and i hear alot about driftfishing.How do you rig for and fish this type of rig without hanging up and losing your bait?Do you you put out your bait and let the boat drag it across the bottom or just off the bottom?Thanks all for your help
Views: 722   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 31, 2005 12:52pm
by unknowcatman
j
JRS
wanna have a carp tourny??
IF YOU ALL WANT TO HAVE A CARP TOURNY YES CARP LET ME KNOW MAYBE WE CAN GET ONE UP. MAYBE USE STANS,BIBT, DOCK AND SUCH FOR THE STAGING PLACE? SOMETHING EASY SUNDAY OR SATURDAY 9AM TILL 3PM. NO I WAS NOT PLANINNG ON HAVING A COOKOUT AFTER THE TOURNY!!!
Views: 467   Replies: 14
Last Post: Jul 31, 2005 8:48am
by justlearning
f
Flash
Stripers
Comming down on Sun. any striper activity?
Views: 301   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 30, 2005 9:40pm
by JW
Any action at the tailrace?
Anyone been fishin there lately or heard of any fish tales from there?
Views: 597   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jul 30, 2005 8:54pm
by Katmaster Jr.
m
mike
blues
I had hear talk of how big the cat fish are in kerr lake so I decided to give it a try and was amazed at the fight these cats put up. I caught one that hit the 25 pound mark and less then 5 mins. I landed another one at 31 pounds and because of twin rivers guide se...
Views: 495   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 9:35pm
by justlearning
j
JRS
CARP TOURNY UPDATE
OK THEN I WILL GET WITH STAN AT BIBT SATURDAY AND SEE IF WE CAN'T GET THIS REALLY GOING. ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTION ABOUT RULES? I THINK WE SHOULD ALLOW FISHING FROM THE BANK AROUND BIBT DOCK, BIGGEST FISH, MOST FISH AND SUCH.
Views: 226   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 12:17pm
by joe from oxford
tourney
I belive there is a tourament at stauton river state park sat night 6 untill 2 am.
Views: 530   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 29, 2005 11:23am
by Tim
Clarksville cats?
I'm planning on coming up on fri to try for some cats, anyone been catching any around the bridges in clarksville? Thats the area i'll be around, im gonna put in at either oke. or bluestone, anyone got any suggestions?? also hows the water look? Thanks, Mike
Views: 718   Replies: 18
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 7:06pm
by Katmaster Jr.
OT-Need all sportsman's help
Kind of off topic but I wanted to get the word out about the closing of Cape Point in Hatteras. The NPS has decided that the rights of 3 Piping Plover chicks are more important than OUR rights to free and open access to OUR National Parks. There is alot more inform...
Views: 836   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 6:09pm
by Katmaster Jr.
Hatteras Beach Open
The birds have flew the coop. NPS has reoppened the Beach
Views: 263   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 5:56pm
by Katmaster Jr.
Phishing
Si I get this email from "ebay" tonite. It says my account information is out-of-date and my account might be suspended. "Click here" it says, to update your account. So I notice this url is pretty complex, something looks fishy. Then I notice its out of the...
Views: 386   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 5:55pm
by Katmaster Jr.
s
scout
Striper Report
I limited out last night at Gator Hole. There were 3 schools in between the two shoal buoys. Biggest fish was 37" and 18#. Trolling the ball at 22ft 40ft of line out to the bucktail. Two leadcore lines out with 5 colors. Maybe we can find them Sat. morning. Give me a...
Views: 304   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 28, 2005 5:24pm
by JW
66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75
Free Forum powered by Bravenet