Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CRAPPIE?

ANYONE HAVE ANY ADVICE ON NIGHT FISHING FOR CRAPPIE THIS TIME OF YEAR. LAST SEVERAL DAY TRIPS HAVE BEEN VERY FEW KEEPERS. CRAPPIE CROSSING AND DAVE I FINALLY GOT A COUPLE OF PICTURES ON CATCH OF THE DAY. CHECK THEM OUT. 5LB. 2oz. small mouth and a 6lb. 10oz. walleye. GOOD FISHING AND GOD BLESS!!!

Re: CRAPPIE?

Howdy,RIVER RAT...I've always heard bridges good for crappie...Not sure about Kerr right now, but I can tell you what works for me on Falls Lake...I look for laydown or some structure on edge of creek/river channel in 15'+ water..also turn in channel will work if can't find structure...anchor,set out lights to draw in baitfish, lower minnows to bottom and every 2' up until you find depth fish at..then set most of rods to that depth...once you start catching you can use jigs/other artificals to catch em..good luck to ya

LORRIE AND I FISH FOR CRAPPIE QUITE A BIT AND THE BIG ONES ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN RIGHT NOW. YES THE BRIDGE(S) HOLD CRAPPIE BUT MOST OF THEM ARE SMALL ONES. TRY FISHING A FLAT IN DEEPER WATER AND USE MED MINNOWS OR IF YOU CAN CATCH THEM SMALL SHAD. THE SHAD HAVE GROWN AND THE CRAPPIE LOVE THEM SO FISH WHAT THEY ARE FEEDING ON AND THATS NOT SMALL MINNOWS AT THIS TIME. LARGE CRAPPIE DO NOT LIKE HOT WATER AT ALL SO THEY ARE GOING TO BE DEEPER AND CRAPPIE WILL SUSPEND AT THE EDGE OF THE LIGHT PENETRATION SO KEEP THOSE THINGS IN MIND WHILE TRYING TO CATCH THEM. I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT OF "BEAVER HUTS" IN 20+ FT OF WATER AND ON THE EDGE OF THE CHANNEL AND THEY PRODUCE THIS TIME OF YEAR. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Nice catch RiverRat, I saw the pics. Night fish with the lights somewhere near the mouth of a major crk. Just inside Panhandle crk used to be a great spot to setup a few years ago, the rocky bank on the left going in. Hey I'm going to come up your way this week either Tue. or Wed. let me know if any big thunderstorms muddy up that lake. I got a couple of nice walleye a couple weeks ago, a 5-5 & a 6-5. Good luck & God Bless.
cc

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE GENTLEMEN. THE HARD RAINS HAVE BEEN MISSING US THIS WEEK SO THE LAKE SHOULD LOOK GOOD. LET ME KNOW HOW YOUR TRIP TO LEESVILLE GOES. GOOD FISHING EVERYONE AND GOD BLESS!!!