Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
boat repair

Anybody know of any good boat mech. I think the impeller is out on mine or either the water pump.It will run for awhile then when you stop I get an annoying buzzer going off.HELP!

Re: boat repair

Howdy Tim, if you got a stream of water coming out back of motor close to bottom of cowl then your water pump/impeller usually OK...could have faulty thermostat setting off buzzer...otherwise I would recomend Allen Frazier--Outboard Performance...919-494-7100...good luck

Tim, if an impeller breaks that's an easy on e because the tattler stream of water stops. But if the water pump or the impeller is worn out or weak sometime's it'll pump ok above idle but is pretty useless at low rpm's. I ran a weak, worn out pump 6-8 trips and when I took it in I was really lucky just to buy a new water pump. I was lucky. If you get a hot-horn at low rpm's think of it as a heads-up and get it looked at asap lest a small bill now turn into a really big one later. I got good quality fast service from Clarksville mobile boat recently...jfo

hey Joe,have you got a ph. number for that guy in Va.maybe a waterpump I know the water coming out was close to boiling temp.gonna get it looked at before going back out.

THAT BUZZER IS A WARNING BUZZER DON'T IGNORE IT!!! YOUR WATER TEMP SHOULD NOT BE MORE THAN ABOUT 150 DEGREES SALT WATER CRYSTLIZES AT 165 SO MOTORS ARE DESIGNED NOT TO RUN THAT HOT. I KNOW KERR LAKE AIN'T SALT WATER BUT THATS A BUILT IN FACTOR FOR THOSE WHO DO USE THEIR MOTORS IN THE OCEANS. PAT THERE IN CLARKSVILE AND SCOTT AT THE MARINA BOTH ARE GOOD MECH PAT MAY BE A LITTLE CHEAPER BUT LONGER TO GET TO IT AS HE IS VERY BUZY. AGAIN DON'T IGNORE THAT BUZZER SOMETHING IS WRONG AND WILL FAIL.

The number there in Clarksville Mobile Boat is 374-2755. They are between the new bridge onramp and Burger King. I was happy with the job I got a few weeks back...jfo

thanks everyone