Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mid October Largemouth

I am going to be on Kerr in mid October. I was wondering what the conditions will be like then. Also any information on how & where to get into some hawgs would be much appreciated. I am from Western PA and have never been on Kerr. Thanks in advance!!!

Re: Mid October Largemouth

JD,this board is swamped with catfishermen,glad to see someone still posts about bass. I would fish the upper creeks, like Bluestone and in the clarkesville area.Try buzzbaits,in white and poppers early.But the key bait will be a smaller crankbait in chartreuse type patterns ,6 to 8 foot runner.Fish this in the creeks near channel edges and secondary points.Mainlake points are worth a try as well with your crankbait and a c-rigged 7 " junebug or redshad worm.Senko type baits around flooded bushes,stumps and rock.I would say fish between bluestone and grassy creeks.Also this time of year look for bait fish pods,fish near them and if you see a big splash in them, toss your crankbait through there.If the water clarity is clear opt for shad pattern cranks,can you say..........Bandit!

JD, robert's advice is great but your main concern should be whether or not we get the remnants from a hurricane through here just before you come. Right now the lake is normal at about 300' if we get one of the storm's remnants the lake could rise 5-8' in a weeks time & be a mess. Not trying to discourage you but the distance you are traveling you need to be aware of this. Mid Oct is a great time to fish, be sure to bring your camera & post a pic. good luck.

Thanks guys!!! I appreciate all the advice.