Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clarksville cats?

I'm planning on coming up on fri to try for some cats, anyone been catching any around the bridges in clarksville? Thats the area i'll be around, im gonna put in at either oke. or bluestone, anyone got any suggestions?? also hows the water look?
Thanks,
Mike

Re: Clarksville cats?

Fished Clarksville Friday and Sat. and didn't catch a single fish -- caught plenty of shad though.

Friday night, we didn't mark a single fish from the bridges to bluestone. Sunday - took the wife and kids to a local lake in ALamance county and caught blues all day long.

Don't think I'll hit Clarksville again anytime soon.

Double T.....were did you fish Sunday.....just wondering.....Thanks

Yes I was wondering too. I live in Alamance County.

ok, has anyone been catching any cats anywhere in the lake? I havent been on the water in bought a month, and im itching to hang a hawg.
Tight lines,
Mike

Fished clarksville last fri. night only caught one small one. But that was last week this is a new week so I'll be out there either fri. or sat. night maybe both. Had a hard time getting shad fri. night the rain might have had something to do with it.

I fished Friday night as well after the storm. Caught shad here and there, but they were tough to find.

Dan Man - Was that you I talked to on the water late Friday night drifting around the bridges? I was on a pontoon boat?

WORMER

I fished from the bridges too the mouth of Bluestone. Was on my new pontoon. Had a loud mouth on the boat, he want be going again.

Found some threadfin in a little cove down by the rock wall down past bouy 24. No big ones, but excellent for cut bait.

I think the rain had something to do with it. Haven't fished Buggs much as some of you.

Double T which lake in Alamance did you fish? I live in Burlington.

MackIntosh -- Fishing was good, I'm taking the family back on Sunday. When I say fishing was good I mean, the wife, son, and grandparents caught plenty of fish -- doesn't matter how big or small.

Will be fishing Jordan Saturday.

I live in Elon and fish the local lakes every now and then.

If you see a 24 ft Tan Bentley Pontoon with a 115 4 stroke, that will probably be me.

DoubleT or anyone.....have any of you fished High Rock Lake or Badin Lake in North Carolina.....if so how was the fishing?????????

I grew up in Elon and only a couple of miles away now. I used to fish mackintosh alot but not in a long time. I love fishing jordan though. Great catfish lake.

Justlearning Badin is a really good catfish and striper lake. Just as Buggs it also has flatheads. There are big ones caught very often. Not as big as Buggs but I think the fishing is just as good.

Thanks Carl....my brother lives near Badin so I was thinking about trying it out and maybe talk him in going fishing with me....although he's into golfing

Speaking of Badin and high rock, my biggest cat so far is from Tuckertown...but that was over 10 years ago. Tuckertown became too popular for it's own good. Badin, falls, and High rock are awesome catfish waters. Badin and High Rock have some huge cats.

Has anyone caught any cats below the bridges towards goat island, or any of the creeks? Im still planning on coming down Fri evening, any see's a old faded blue vhull stop by,
Hang a Hawg-CPR
Mike

BIG WORMER- sorry that won't me. I am planning to go tonight if I don't get rained out. Maybe at least I will be able to get shad if no fish. Anybody got any suggestions as to where some fish might be?

ive read that badin and high rock are both awesome.
ive seen some pics of big blues caught in badin lake by someone off of this site, i belive it was tomahawk.

good luck