Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
cats?

anyone catching any cats lately, I'D LOVE TO HANG A HAWG, but if anyone is willing to give any advice where theyve been catching any at all, i would appreciate it
Thanks, Mike

Re: cats?

hey, not much to speak of but i did win a catfish shore tournament at north bend park which is right beside the dam, on the kerr lake side last week, i won it with a 10 lb 13 ounce blue, not a hawg but at least its something, i did have another one that broke my 30 lb test that same night though.
thats all i know about kerr lake right now.

gaston lake has really been tough lately for some reason. i mean very slow for blue's

good luck

hope i help some way.

thanks kmj,
You think u could sell me one of those anti thievin devices u where talking about on the other post, that would sure be nice to have

WE CAUGHT 3 LAST SATURDAY, JAY PUT ONE ON CATCH OF THE DAY. WE WENT AGAIN THIS SATURDAY AND CAUGHT ONE 15 LBS. EVERY SUMMER IN JUNE JULY THE BLUE CATS FEED ON MUSSLES/CLAMS AND I FIND THEM ON HARD BOTTOM. NOW IN AUG THEY START TO MOVE AND ARE FEEDING ON SHAD SO TRY THE MOUTHS OF COVES OR CREEKS. I FISH LARGER SHAD AND SMALL CRAPPIE ABOUT 20-25 FT DEEP WHILE SLOW DRIFTING OR ANCHORED IF THE WIND IS REALLY BLOWING. WE HAVE CAUGHT MONSTER CATS IN THE FALL AS DEEP AS 60 FT OVER FLOODED TREES SO TRY OUT AT THE MOUTH OF COVES FOR THE REST OF THE SUMMER AND FALL. YOU MAY WANT TO TRY CIRCLE HOOKS IF YOU CAN FISH THEM SEEM TO INCREASE THE HOOK UPS ITS HARD TO SET THE HOOK 50 FT FROM THE BOAT AND 25 FT DOWN. HOPE THIS HELPS.

Mike: Twin River Guides are catching a lot of hawgs. I am going out with them as soon as I get a chance and they are not booked. I wanted to go out with them a couple weeks ago but they had that Friday booked. You might be able to pick up some good pointers. Rates very reasonable. Check out their site...just copy and paste the below url into your browser address bar:

http://www.twinriverguides.com

mike, those anti theft deivces arent on the market yet. there a KMJ original

hope you find some fish man, good luck