Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Catching Report - Really Big Bait

Everybody knows I have a soft spot for good BIG bait...In the search for the perfect catfish bait, I have for a while now been trying to figure out how to rope down one of them jetski thingies to see if I could beat Willy's record using it for bait. I think a silver-colored one might work best.
Well yesterday I'm tooling up between the bridges and Bluestone and there it was. Now it wasn't a jetski but rather a bassboat. It was right in the middle of Occoneechee island, right up on the flat bobbing and floating in the waves. So I'm looking at this, something's clearly out of place so I start thinking, this is a bit bigger than a jetski...how am I gonna attach the hook? Clearly this one is wounded so I might have a chance to catch it...
AhHa! I toss a rope over and before long I'm tooling up toward the rivers towing me a shore-nuf big bait. Oh! Wake up! Pinch-myself! I'm day-dreaming. Driver was a real nice fellow, he had some sort of fuel problem...jfo

Re: Catching Report - Really Big Bait

Joe....got about thirty 18 inch Gizzards in the freezer(for "hard times")......I can spot ya bag,if'n it's that bad,bro!

Ok Joe.....don't leave of hanging what did you catch with the big bait......come on JOE.....u going to tell us?????