Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hey MarkA

You finding any of those elusive striper yet. Saw a post that a guy got into them on Falls Lake at night if you can believe that. They dont stock them any more in Falls but he had a heck of a night with numerous hookups. Hope you are finding em up there.

Re: Hey MarkA

Hey, fishcrazy....If'n you don't mind where did you see that post on Falls????...fish it often..every now and then hear some reports of stripers...just curious ...thanks

That's a big no on the stripers. Although I really haven't been fishing very hard with as hot as it's been lately. Poked around a few times for striper, messed around for lm bass and also tried my hand for some white perch. Nothing to brag about on any front. Sounds like most of the striper action has been up around the dam, although one of the neigbbors said they did ok recently around the house here. I really haven't been running very far, trying to conserve gas. I'm staying pretty much within a couple miles of the house. LM have been slow for me, picking a few up on the deep points, but they seem to be way deep. Did catch a mess of perch one day using the info posted, but nothing like they said they've been catching. I used to catch stripers at Falls years ago before I moved here. In the late summer, up near the dam in the mornings the smaller bass would school up and chase shad. You could knock the fire out of them on the jumps throwing sassy shads or flukes. Would pick the occasional striper up with them. My biggest was about 7 lbs. But it was a lot of fun, the bass were always on the small side, around 1 or 1 1/2 lbs, and I'd switch to my ultra light. When the stripers hit - hang on! You gonna make it up this way this summer? Hope to start catching more fish when the weather starts cooling off, you'll have to make arrangements to come up and spend the day.

Karl I saw the post on the NCWaterman board. Said they were fishing off the point near the marina off of the hwy 50 bridge. They were trolling with minnows and looking fo rcrappie but when it started to get dark started getting in to the large white bass and striper. Said the stripers were going up to 20 lb range. Said they hooked up with a number of them. Wish it were me.

Mark this has been some hot weather. We have not been camping this summer at all cause of the heat mainly. Im sure that will change soon when it cools off.
We are itching to go. I sure would like to get together with you and fish sometime. We need to work on that. Have you got that dog fishin yet. HEHE

Thanks, fishcrazy!!!!...I fish around that area alot for crappie...maybe I'll get that lucky someday...have caught alot of small w.bass there..nothing big enough to keep...

Karl i was thinking of trying the 50 bridge at night cause the deep water looks accesable to cast to there from the shore. I have been told the crappie are good there at night. You fish there any and have any luck?

Fishcrazy,.I don't fish at the bridge..too many there most of the time. ..have heard good and bad reports about it... ..I fish closer to marina, not far from where stripers were caught. ..thanks for the heads up on other site ..

20 lb stripers in Falls Lake

That far up the lake this time of year, I find that hard to believe. Stripers of any size caught in Falls would be great.