Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
J14
Local Employment
I am curious as to your commute to work if you live on the lake. (Just looking for an average) Also, what are the distances to local hospitals? I am hoping to reside in the area and hospitals are necessary for my employment. Thanks
Views: 939   Replies: 7
Last Post: May 18, 2007 11:09am
by Ray
g
George
Kerr Lake Level
I'm trying to find out the water level for Lake Kerr but The predicted and what I see as actual are about 50 foot difference. Can anybody help me?
Views: 315   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 18, 2007 9:55am
by Bassman 69
pig n jigs
when do pig n jigs work the best and what color and do they work in ponds
Views: 737   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2007 9:51am
by Ray
Kerr dam
Looking for a few tips for catfish around the Northbend campground, we have a 17' polarkraft and 2 7 year old catfish hungry girls, (not momma) 2 years ago we were leaving the tailrace park on 5-22 and watched 30+ 20-30 lb cats being caught. thy got hooked what can...
Views: 948   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 18, 2007 9:45am
by Ray
Some insight to the forum troll
When you look at the facts, it isn't very flattering. In fact, it's actually a sad existence. The game is over. What is an Internet Troll? An Internet "troll" is a person who delights in sowing discord on the Internet. He (and it is usually he) tries to start...
Views: 465   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 18, 2007 8:46am
by Chasing idiots
kitty fish
my family and i are coming to buggs this weekend and i would like to know if the cats are still between blue stone and the rivers. if not, where might be a good place to start. thanks in advance for any help. also, where could i find a few shad?
Views: 466   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 18, 2007 12:34am
by Bluejay
Reidsville NC Lake
Anyone ever fish this lake and what can you catch out of it? Do you have to pay a fee to fish it and put in ?
Views: 642   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:50pm
by fishdoc
n
natex
accomidations
I am coming down in a couple of weeks. I am looking at a couple of houses to rent. They are both listed as being on sandy creek. I am not familiar with this creek. Can someone let me know where on the lake sandy creek is? Thanks
Views: 314   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:40pm
by natex
Bugs/Kerr water
Hows the weather on the lake? Does anyone the water temps this week? Thanks Jackson II
Views: 391   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2007 8:10pm
by Dumar Jackson
t
Tom
Pigs and jigs
is anyone catching bass on pig and jigs this time of year or like jiga and a crawfish trailer comming up to bluestone sunday and trying to have some fun...If so how deep and what color jig and trailer
Views: 288   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 17, 2007 6:38pm
by Tom
s
sinker
showdown ?'s
Ok, this is my first showdown and I had a few questions. Can you put in at another ramp besides Staunton view and go there by water and register and everything? If I caught any small cats during the tournament, can they be kept for eating? Or will I be disqual...
Views: 460   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 17, 2007 3:24pm
by glenn hughes aka...
Fishing with Chix Livers?
Please someone explain how do you get chicken livers to stay on the hook when cat fishing? Do you tie them up in a womans stocking and hook the stocking with a treble hook???????
Views: 893   Replies: 12
Last Post: May 17, 2007 10:04am
by Bait Bucket
night fishing sml?
thinking of fishing night times on sml cause i have 2 work about 6-7 days a weel and its really the only time i have 2 go here latley. just wondering what areas i should look for for some fish and some areas thanks 2 all ...
Views: 1744   Replies: 17
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:35am
by Ray
bass
comming up this weekend with my 2 kids and they are 8 and 9 and they want to catch some bass and i dont know they lake good but what is the bass biteing and how deep thanks.
Views: 465   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:35am
by jfo
r
Randy
please help
can anyone tell me what the bass are biteing catch and release only thanks!!!
Views: 387   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 17, 2007 9:34am
by Ray
Good article on Missouri man caught cheating.
Missouri fisherman's cheating charge makes him an outcast By Todd C. Frankel — ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH 05/13/2007 POPLAR BLUFF, MO. — Back before he was accused of cheating in the bass fishing tournament, before police caught him in an elaborate...
Views: 1303   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 17, 2007 2:23am
by shane
c
Carl
Bait Tank!!!!
I have a brand new in the box 50 gallon Creek Bank bait tank. Never even opened the box. Sells for $625 before tax. Will sell for $550. And buggsman shut the hell up!!!! Definately not in the mood for you. Have too many bait tanks and wont need this one. Ca...
Views: 991   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 16, 2007 8:14pm
by RETNAVYENCM
r
Ramdy
Help
Me and my 4 yr old son are coming up this weekend to fish for bass he likes to bobber fish i have fished the lake in the past but only in the summer not the spring are the bass and blue gil biteing anything i keep reading that its real slow please help!!! Thanks to a...
Views: 278   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 16, 2007 8:04pm
by Ramdy
j
jfo
Dan River - Report
Sometimes I get a wild idea and just run up the rivers checking things out. Last 7 days or so I did the Dan all the way from the Steam Plant to Staunton and I thought I'd share some info. Above Anglers park the water is warm and very, shallow. 74 pretty much s...
Views: 714   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 16, 2007 4:08pm
by danny b.
m
mike b
Bluestone ramp
Is Blue Stone boat ramp open all nite?? thanks,,,mikeb
Views: 511   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 16, 2007 1:33pm
by jamjr
j
Jake
Lake Chesdin HELP!!
I am taking a trip on wednesday to lake Chesdin. Has anyone fished this Lake that can offer some advice. I live in va beach and have never fished before, just some tips on area and bait choice if anyone has some info to share. Its much appreciated..tight lines.
Views: 444   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 16, 2007 10:06am
by Jerry Wright
Showdown Tournament Saturday May 19
Will anyone beat the 60.86 lb tournament record? CATFISH TOURNAMENT DATE: SATURDAY MAY 19, 2007 TIME: 5 PM - 12 MIDNIGHT LOCATION: STAUNTON BOAT RAMP - RED OAK, VA. OFF HIGHWAY 15 - FEW MILES NORTH OF CLARKSVILLE. PRICE: $50.00 PER BOAT ENTRY FEE - P...
Views: 338   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2007 6:37pm
by ShadHawg:
5-19-07 Catfish Showdown THIS SATURDAY !
IT's about that time again guys! We expect a bunch of boats. The flatheads will be there!
Views: 286   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 15, 2007 6:29pm
by MOBYDICK
channel cats
Looking for some info on where to catch a few eating size channel cats this coming up weekend. Bringing a few kids that would like to catch some and have a little fish fry. Any info on baits, depth, and location would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Views: 559   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 15, 2007 12:33pm
by jfo
j
JRS
Lake is
We went yesterday and the lake is @301 clearing up saw very little trash.They must be pulling it down as there was a good current.The coves were still stained heavier than the main lake. We caught some nice Crappie and our share of dinks. The Crappie were hitting med...
Views: 772   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 15, 2007 9:10am
by jfo
the 27lb blue pict
Has anyone ever seen a 27lb blue look so small as the one on the catch of the day?maybe its time to stop guessing the weight and get a set of good scales....
Views: 1080   Replies: 15
Last Post: May 14, 2007 10:49pm
by sinker
j
johnny
bass
went this weekend onyl caught to has any1 caught them if so on what and what color and how deep any help woulb be nice
Views: 428   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2007 7:32pm
by johnny
bridge
Yes can someone tell me if the water is below the columns at clarksville bridge, thanks very much.
Views: 550   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 14, 2007 3:10pm
by jfo
w
WBR
Catch of the Day
I'm just a kid guys so don't get too excited. How old is Caroline Crouse who seems to be a good bass fisher? Nothing like a lady who can fish
Views: 471   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 14, 2007 2:36pm
by WBR
crappie
I am bring my girl up Tuesday and was wondering if the crappie were bitting around the bridges at clarksville. Any help would be appreciated. And is the water muddy or not.
Views: 682   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 14, 2007 2:30pm
by waterman
j
jmk
catfish
I was thinking of going fishing for catfish on Sunday down by satterwhite point any tips would be appreciated thanks.
Views: 462   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 14, 2007 12:23pm
by Ray
b
Buck
Bait tanks
Anybody got any suggestions on what to use for a heat exchanger to get the water in my bait tank at the house cool? As it has been warming up my bait has been dying and I believe it is because of the water temperature.
Views: 674   Replies: 9
Last Post: May 14, 2007 12:21pm
by jfo
Super Tuned Shimano Corsair
I am thinking about purchasing some used Shimano Corsair cs300 & cs301 to clean and lube and also "super tune" and then resale at a very reasonable price.$30 to $40 range. I was wondering, before I do this , is there enough interest out there. I have cleaned and lube...
Views: 1054   Replies: 21
Last Post: May 12, 2007 4:55pm
by Bassman13
vc
hey dude, just to let you know me and andy are heading to the river(not milton) monday night, so if yer off get up with me and we'll go catch some monster flats.(allnighter as usual)
Views: 359   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 11, 2007 9:02pm
by silent assasin
Catfish this weekend
I was thinking of bringing my boat down this weekend for my first fishing trip at Kerr. Are the catfish spawning yet, or do they even spawn in this lake? Based on reading past posts, it looks like the area by the two rivers, and most creeks, and sometimes the bri...
Views: 710   Replies: 11
Last Post: May 11, 2007 8:58pm
by crappie crossing
Clarksville and Ivy Hill area water color
Anyone driving over the Clarksville bridge in the last day or two want to share the water color? Have you guys living in the area received any rain in the last couple days. Also interested in the water color and water temps in the Ivy Hill area if you know it. Tha...
Views: 502   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 11, 2007 4:33pm
by notsoimportant
Help at Kerr
Hey guys, I have a buddy who is taking his kids to Kerr for a fun fishing trip this weekend. Is there anything you care to post that would make their trip a more enjoyable one. I hear its been tough for some folks,but I'm sure someone is catching them.Thanks.
Views: 1436   Replies: 18
Last Post: May 11, 2007 9:04am
by TXBassnCat
Showdown/ ShadHawg
What time(at the earliest) can we start regestering next Sat? Thanks
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 11, 2007 8:37am
by ShadHawg
Shad
What's the best technique and where to catch shad on Kerr? I'm only having luck going to the Clarkesville Marina, but the drive sucks.
Views: 720   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 11, 2007 7:44am
by yellow dog
good spots for this weekend
I coming up for buggs island which would be my first time fishing their could anyone give me some pointers on what to use for bait and where are some great spots for the bass to be at.
Views: 911   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2007 10:17pm
by Andre
Conditions at Kerr
Can anyone give me the scoop on the conditions at Kerr? The web site says the water is up, clear and Bass fishing is slow. I have fishe Kerr in May for many years and its always been good. Thanks
Views: 606   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2007 8:44pm
by JRS
Staunton river canoe ?
My son and I are planning to float down from Watkins bridge to 360 bridge this weekend.Is the water level ok to do so.Would there be any obstruction's trees, sand bars etc.We want to have a fun and relaxing time,I don't want to drag or portage around any thing.I neve...
Views: 340   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 10, 2007 8:16pm
by Big Jon
Red Worm Parasite in Bass
Recently was fishing at Kerr and caught several bass that had small bright red worms that were thread size that were embedded in the roof of their mouths. We were able to remove one and it would curl up into a tight coil. It was no longer than a 1/2 inch and did no...
Views: 507   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2007 4:59pm
by Ray
s
Scott
Crank baits?
Has anyone tried any cheap ($2-$3) deep diving crank baits that worked for them on Kerr? I am starting to believe trolling them right on the bottom is a good way to get a fish's attention, but with all the structure/junk on Kerr, losing Rapala DT16's and Stretch lure...
Views: 564   Replies: 2
Last Post: May 10, 2007 1:08pm
by Scott
t
tim
chatterbaits
how do you fish a chatterbait and a boyah boggie bait beacuz i cant seem to get it to work
Views: 1072   Replies: 8
Last Post: May 10, 2007 11:41am
by fishdoc
My Interview with an ol'timer
During one of our catfish tournaments I took advantage of a few free minutes to chat with Mr. Ray Jones, known as "Hoghead." I seized the moment to pick the brain of an angler and valued sportsman with over 35 years experience fishing Kerr Lake/Buggs Island....
Views: 722   Replies: 3
Last Post: May 10, 2007 10:38am
by WillyB
last free cast
i'm coming down this weekend to fish for fun and i had heard that fish were being caught on a floatin worm! Just wondering if anyone else was catching them this way or if I shold try something else. This is my bachalor party fishing trip just want to have some fun ca...
Views: 736   Replies: 5
Last Post: May 10, 2007 10:15am
by BuggsMan
milton
i know it changes day to day but if anyone has been to milton in the last day or so, whats the water level like. actually how far from the dock legs is the water. ive been a few years ago on someone elses boat, but id like to try it there or up at dan daniels. any id...
Views: 435   Replies: 4
Last Post: May 9, 2007 9:48pm
by silent assasin
Trip to Kerr
Just started fishing Kerr recently. Went yesterday evening and this morning too - put in at Longwood. Water temp was 62-63F and overcast. First time in Grassy Creek. Only caught 2 small ones on a crawfish colored Bandit med diver. Tried topwater - only one hit....
Views: 324   Replies: 0
Last Post: May 9, 2007 9:24pm
by Crowmag
b
Bo
weldon & houston
The season is closed but the fishing is fantastic. Had two clients today who used all of the shad in the well. Had to fish the last hour with artifials. We caught over 100 stripers with the largest one around 16 pounds. It was a great day. All days aren't as pro...
Views: 325   Replies: 1
Last Post: May 9, 2007 8:56pm
by houston
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Free Forum powered by Bravenet