Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Local Employment

I am curious as to your commute to work if you live on the lake. (Just looking for an average) Also, what are the distances to local hospitals? I am hoping to reside in the area and hospitals are necessary for my employment. Thanks

Re: Local Employment

If you lived on the downstream NC side of the lake Henderson and Oxford Hospital and medical community would be close. If you lived at the upper end South Boston and South Hill would be reasonable. Believe it or not, if you lived in the Nutbush arm Duke, UNC and Wake are under an hour commute. What you could do, is open a hospital in Clarksville. jfo

From Durham (City of Medicine) it's about 45 minutes to Kerr with Duke Hospital, Durham Regional, VA Hospital nearby. Rex and UNC are a little farther out, probably an hour and a half to either because of traffic. Oxford is maybe 30 minutes south of the lake, Granville Medical Center is the only hospital and it's a good place to die. That's just a holding pen until Life Flight gets there from Duke or UNC to take you to a real hospital, or you croak, whichever comes first. Henderson and Mariah Parham Hospital are right on the lake, maybe 10 minutes out from Nutbush.

I almost forgot the state mental hospital in Butner will be open soon, and there's Murdock Center, and a brand new Federal Prison's hospital in Butner right beside the Federal pen. Butner is between Oxford and Durham, 35 minutes out.

Thanks guys. Sounds like if i lived in the clarksville area i would be less than a half hour from at least one decent hospital?

I live on the lake (Clarksville), commute to Durham (Treyburn). Just under an hour trip.

I work in the medical field J. If you have an questions you cna email lme and I will help any way I can.

my bride has worked just about everywhere I've mentioned, appearantly the money is better closer to the triangle but she assures me she'll never make enough for me to quit working and fish/hunt for a living.