Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
the 27lb blue pict

Has anyone ever seen a 27lb blue look so small as the one on the catch of the day?maybe its time to stop guessing the weight and get a set of good scales....

Re: the 27lb blue pict

u right that is a small 27 lb blue

as you may know catfish come in many shapes and sizes, if you take a look at the catch of the day from last year there are a couple of pics of a 60lber that my uncle caught. to me that fish puts the one in bibt(va state record to shame) but it did only weigh 60lbs. that thing looks like a 50 gallon drum and victor is a monster of a dude holding him. even though i know what yer talking about, and i know some people very well that will add atleast 10lbs when you know good and well its smaller. but give the guy a little slack, atleast he is posting pics and i know hes not the only one catching fish. by the way for those who do not want to splurge on a set of scales rays bait and tackle has 100lb spring scales for like $20 or so, in my opinion the are more durable and reliable than some digitals.

I am the one that caught the 27 lb. blue. It is a 27 pounder for sure thank you. I checked it on 2 different scales. A digital rapala 50lb. scale and Bolga grip. Both said the same thing. I know the picture looks small. I wasn't taking the picture. I didnt realize it was a bad picture until the fish was back into the lake. So thank you for all of your doubts. The fish was really wide with a big head. And on top of that im not a little guy weighing 250 lbs. Yea thats right! 250 lbs. Yall gonna argue with the doctors scales now. So just keep on grining in front of your computer all you want to.

Yes it does looks small but it is a nice fish worth being happy about and he put it back, so congrads to him. and the fish

Way to go, Sinker! Keep posting and especially thanks for CPRing the big cat.

Hey Sinker,,,,

You the man!!!!
great catch!!!
mike b

Great Catch Sinker!! CPR
Mike

Thanks everybody! Who's planning on fishing the showdown? I think I may give it a shot.

I know of 1 boat that is planning to try and repeat the feat from april, and yes we know there`s never been a repeat winner, but hey we still hafta try. don`t we?

18lb.

I get my 6 year old in the picture, that always makes the fish look bigger.

I really hate to disagree, but perhaps Whoever caught the 27lber accidentally mis read the scales at 17 pounds in all the excitement, but who cares! Its still a great fish, i just hope i'll be able to catch one that big when i come down there!

Snapper, i caught a 28 pound blue several months ago. He looked exactly like the one in your picture. Big fat belly and almost inedtical. Nice fish. BTW, its interesting that we don't see many pics of the 30+ pounders on here. I expect most of them are estimated weights. Jenx

whatever the weight,its bigger than anything ive caught in a while,lol.i is a nice fish whatever the weight

I didnt't misread the scales. Next time I'll just take more pictures at different angles. You know...I was thinking the samew thing...where are all of the pics. of the fish everybody is catching??