Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports

This message board has been closed, please visit our
new board by clicking here.

Kerr / Buggs Island Visitors Fishing Reports
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
good spots for this weekend

I coming up for buggs island which would be my first time fishing their could anyone give me some pointers on what to use for bait and where are some great spots for the bass to be at.

Re: good spots for this weekend

could any one help me U trying to find some good spots for this weekend at buggs and wanted to know if anyone knew great spots for bass fishing. Plus what king of bait to use.

While I was out looking for Striper Sunday, it seemed there was a bass boat hovering around most of the points, so I am guessing that is what the pattern is supposed to be. So far I have not seen anyone claiming to have done real well last weekend, but it was a cold front. The one fish I did catch was a small bass (maybe 10") caught on a Rapala DT16 that was dragging over the bottom on a submerged point near Striper City.

Good luck to you.

Thanks Scott really appreciate it

we caught bass in grassy creek the weekend, carolina rigging a zoom green pumpkin lizard. the point just before you get to longwood ramp is a community hole but always good for a fish or 5 . Got slammed several times on a zoom "G-Tail" worm in green pumkin on the rig. fish were also taking a jig on shallow wood/rocky banks. spinnerbaits and chatter baits did well in places. if the wind gets up fish any red dirt bank you find with a mud line coming off the bank, we caught them on the rig in 10-20 feet of water and in the past have done well on a crank bait and spinner bait in and around these mudlines, i like war eagle spinnerbaits white/gold double willow . and a bandit flat maxx shallow crank in a shad pattern. a zoom bubble gum colored worm rigged wacky style (hooked in the middle) weightless thrown around any wood you find in the water will get you a fish or2 most of the time. try the backs of pockets and secondary points, main lake points didn't seem to do that well for me anyway then sometimes none of it does well, guess it depends on conditions, mood of the fish and how the fish gods feel that day. good luck and be careful, alot of the points run way out in the water and some are real shallow.

thanks ray I will sure use these pointers this weekend packing up to leave tomorrow( friday) thanks for the response